Preview or open a docx file

Anonymous
2018-05-07T21:25:23+00:00

I am trying to open or preview a docx file in outlook or word. I have upgraded to office 365 thinking it would fix my issue with trying to preview/view docx files, but it has not. I can not preview it in outlook (says no previewer installed) and if I click to open it in Word I get an error saying "Word experienced an error trying to open the file", but if I do the dance to open it in Google Docs it opens without a problem. The files are not corrupt, it happens with ALL of the docx files I receive, and they are from a trusted source. I have tried to repair office with the online repair option with no change.

Please help me fix this issue so I don't have to use google to view my docx files. Thank you for taking the time to read this, and any suggestions provided.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2018-05-07T23:47:03+00:00

    ok I will try that and update post in a bit, Thank you

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-05-07T23:46:10+00:00

    I was not able to view docx files before or after updates, also could not view with 2013 when that was installed

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-05-07T23:45:20+00:00

    To roll back the update, this link explain how

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/277043...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-05-07T23:41:03+00:00

    witch option?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-05-07T23:37:28+00:00

    We are getting few reports about issues with the last update, id highly try this option and if that did no solve the problem, will try another one. But i just helped someone with similar problem and this got solved with this.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments