A family of Microsoft word processing software products for creating web, email, and print documents.
Thank you Doug for the comment. Breathing just fine. Have a nice day.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I have one document with 144 pages. Each page is unique and numbered (1, 2, 3, etc), and I want to label each of those pages with a set of First Name, Last Name, and ID number which correlate to the numbers on the page. For example, the top of the document will say "Case #1" which correlates to John Smith, ID#22201, then second page will have "Case #2" which correlates to Jane Austen, ID#22202, etc. The document is not the same, meaning everything else on the page is different text, so I just want to "label" each page with the unique identifiers. Possible in the footer of the page as the text is crowding. Not sure if I need to splice each document out individually? This is something that I need to do every few months with different identifiers (different names that correlate to the same case #s, so I realize I can do this manually - copy and paste the information on each page, but looking for a long term solution. I tried mail merge, but I am limited in my understanding, and I believe it has to be the same document that can "import" the identifiers onto the same text. Thoughts?
[The thread has been moved to the correct category by forum moderator]
A family of Microsoft word processing software products for creating web, email, and print documents.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Thank you Doug for the comment. Breathing just fine. Have a nice day.
Hi Neo,
Any update? Thanks!
Jocelyn
As I said in a previous response:
All that Neo was going to do for you was to move the thread to the programming forum, which is where it now resides
As he also said what you require is going to take some complex programming. However, if what you provided as a mockup is representative of the actual document, then there is no-way that the process can be automated (Visual Basic does not support Artificial Intelligence)!
Doug,
My apologies for the confusion, but that message was for Neo. I will DM Neo moving forward.
In terms of your reply, as much as I appreciate your earlier efforts, I would also like to refer to my previous replies. Unless you have anything else to add other than your previous suggestions, sending me the same response repeatedly is unhelpful.
Again, I appreciate ALL of your earlier attempts to help. Please have a great day and wonderful holidays.
Jocelyn