A family of Microsoft word processing software products for creating web, email, and print documents.
Thank you Neo! Yes please :)
Jocelyn
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I have one document with 144 pages. Each page is unique and numbered (1, 2, 3, etc), and I want to label each of those pages with a set of First Name, Last Name, and ID number which correlate to the numbers on the page. For example, the top of the document will say "Case #1" which correlates to John Smith, ID#22201, then second page will have "Case #2" which correlates to Jane Austen, ID#22202, etc. The document is not the same, meaning everything else on the page is different text, so I just want to "label" each page with the unique identifiers. Possible in the footer of the page as the text is crowding. Not sure if I need to splice each document out individually? This is something that I need to do every few months with different identifiers (different names that correlate to the same case #s, so I realize I can do this manually - copy and paste the information on each page, but looking for a long term solution. I tried mail merge, but I am limited in my understanding, and I believe it has to be the same document that can "import" the identifiers onto the same text. Thoughts?
[The thread has been moved to the correct category by forum moderator]
A family of Microsoft word processing software products for creating web, email, and print documents.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Thank you Neo! Yes please :)
Jocelyn
Hi Jocelyn,
Thanks for your reply in PM.
Based on my test, I can't achieve your goal via out-of-box feature. It needs some complex VBA codes. To give you a further support, I will move this thread into the Programming category, thanks for your understanding.
Regards,
Neo
Thanks Neo, I replied to your PM.
Hi Jocelyn,
We need some more time to test your goal. To have a better understanding of your scenario, could you please share with me a copy of your file? If so, to protect your privacy, you can share with me your file via Private Message.
Thanks,
Neo
Doug,
Thank you for your efforts. Hopefully someone else within the community can assist.
Have a wonderful day!
Jocelyn