Powerpoint export to PDF, transparent items flattened.

Anonymous
2018-11-06T23:26:30+00:00

Split from this thread.

Hi. I have exactly the same problem.

For examplee, I have a background graphic that has transparency setting 80%. When saving as PDF document, the background looks grey instead of white. 

80% Transparent background in PPT

The same slide when saves as PDF

Microsoft 365 and Office | PowerPoint | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2019-04-09T14:57:32+00:00

Hi TM,

Thank you for letting us know that the issue is resolved. For everyone else, you can update your MacOS to the latest version which is 10.14.4 to get the fix:

Download macOS Mojave 10.14.4 Update

Regards,

Sheen

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

49 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2019-02-09T06:23:01+00:00

    Hi Felix,

    You can refer to our latest reply for the information. We are aware of this issue and already reported this to Apple.

    Thank you,

    Sheen

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-02-08T13:41:51+00:00

    Hi Microsoft Team,

    I have the same issue. Transparencies are flattend, and images get weird outlines or turn grey. Since October 2018 this is a real pain for me because I have to go to a colleague (uses older Powerpoint) everytime I want to export a pdf.

    Please fix that!!

    Best,

    Felix

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-01-25T07:37:34+00:00

    Hi Everyone,

    We have received feedback from our related team and confirm that all issue regarding picture quality export to PDF is caused by the OS.

    We have reached out to Apple and opened a bug, but we do not have an ETA on when this will be fixed.

    Please sit tight and update your OS and Office version to the latest version, so that if a fix comes out, you will be the first one to receive it!

    Regards,

    Sheen

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-01-22T20:11:12+00:00

    I’m going to try opening it in Windows under Parallels but that’s slso a pain.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments