We're sorry, something went wrong that might cause your powerpoint to become unstable. Please save your presentations and restart power point.

Anonymous
2018-06-09T15:36:21+00:00

I have been cut and pasting from EXCEL to PPT (Office 365) for months without problems until today. It won't paste, and I get the above error message. I have reserached the problem, quick repaired, long repair, and nothing works. This is a daily part of my work life - Please HELP ME fix this problem. Pasting as a picture is NOT an option. 

Windows 7, OFFICE 365. Thank you. Maureen Monte

Microsoft 365 and Office | PowerPoint | For business | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2018-06-18T18:16:22+00:00

I have been cut and pasting from EXCEL to PPT (Office 365) for months without problems until today. It won't paste, and I get the above error message. I have reserached the problem, quick repaired, long repair, and nothing works. This is a daily part of my work life - Please HELP ME fix this problem. Pasting as a picture is NOT an option. 

Windows 7, OFFICE 365. Thank you. Maureen Monte

Try again, it's working for us now!!

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-06-13T15:13:09+00:00

    Hi Maureen, I had this issue as well.  I came across this thread on technet where a user rolled back their version of Office.  I found that helped me as well.  Here are the instructions to roll back Office, and here is a list of the recent updates.  I rolled back to the latest version 1804 (Build 9226.2156).

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-06-13T15:44:53+00:00

    Dave, thank you so much. I will try this and let you know how it works out. I don't have time for such frivolities but I can't afford not to - I am SO GRATEFUL!

    Maureen

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-06-13T16:11:50+00:00

    It did not work - when I ran the last command (to roll back) I got an error message:

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-06-13T16:12:28+00:00

    I looked into the error message - lots of people having it. I can't imagine what is wrong. Thank you again for trying to help me. I give up. I hate these sorts of things.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments