We're sorry, something went wrong that might cause your powerpoint to become unstable. Please save your presentations and restart power point.

Anonymous
2018-06-09T15:36:21+00:00

I have been cut and pasting from EXCEL to PPT (Office 365) for months without problems until today. It won't paste, and I get the above error message. I have reserached the problem, quick repaired, long repair, and nothing works. This is a daily part of my work life - Please HELP ME fix this problem. Pasting as a picture is NOT an option. 

Windows 7, OFFICE 365. Thank you. Maureen Monte

Microsoft 365 and Office | PowerPoint | For business | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2018-06-18T18:16:22+00:00

I have been cut and pasting from EXCEL to PPT (Office 365) for months without problems until today. It won't paste, and I get the above error message. I have reserached the problem, quick repaired, long repair, and nothing works. This is a daily part of my work life - Please HELP ME fix this problem. Pasting as a picture is NOT an option. 

Windows 7, OFFICE 365. Thank you. Maureen Monte

Try again, it's working for us now!!

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-05-31T16:10:51+00:00

    Hi Neha,

    Thank you for follow through with this problem.

    Best,

    Garret

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-06-06T00:41:31+00:00

    For months I copied an Excel spreadsheet into my Powerpoint presentations. Yesterday I could not do the paste without getting a message that the it would make Powerpoint unstable and I needed to save and restart. However, this did not solve the problem. Deleted Powerpoint and reinstalled with no improvement.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-06-06T02:06:19+00:00

    I'd suggest trying a couple of steps to see if that corrects the problem for you.

    1. First, an add-in or extension may be causing the problem. Start the application in Office Safe Mode.

    The instructions to start Office in safe mode are here:

    https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Open-O...

    1. If that doesn't correct the problem, try repairing the installation.

    The instructions to follow to do this are here:

    https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Repair...

    1. Create a new user profile in Windows and see if it works correctly for the new profile

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-06-08T14:42:32+00:00

    I have the same issue that only started after upgrading Office.  I'm now on Version 1805.  My coworker has the same problem.

    Why would the profile be the issue, only after upgrading?  Can we get more details on what causes this?

    Just for fun, I clicked to see What's New and was surprised to see this:

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments