We're sorry, something went wrong that might cause your powerpoint to become unstable. Please save your presentations and restart power point.

Anonymous
2018-06-09T15:36:21+00:00

I have been cut and pasting from EXCEL to PPT (Office 365) for months without problems until today. It won't paste, and I get the above error message. I have reserached the problem, quick repaired, long repair, and nothing works. This is a daily part of my work life - Please HELP ME fix this problem. Pasting as a picture is NOT an option. 

Windows 7, OFFICE 365. Thank you. Maureen Monte

Microsoft 365 and Office | PowerPoint | For business | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2018-06-18T18:16:22+00:00

I have been cut and pasting from EXCEL to PPT (Office 365) for months without problems until today. It won't paste, and I get the above error message. I have reserached the problem, quick repaired, long repair, and nothing works. This is a daily part of my work life - Please HELP ME fix this problem. Pasting as a picture is NOT an option. 

Windows 7, OFFICE 365. Thank you. Maureen Monte

Try again, it's working for us now!!

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-05-19T09:49:21+00:00

    Hi Garret,

    On my end, I tested with the latest version of Monthly Channel (Targeted) i.e. Version 1805 (Build 9330.2053) and could not reproduce the issue.

    Here’s what I have done to test.

    1. This is the data in Excel

         2. Select the data in Excel and press Ctrl+C to copy.

         3. Open PowerPoint, click Paste, select Use Destination Styles or Keep source formatting

    Furthermore, I’ve tested with the same version (Version 1805 (Build 9330.2053)) of Office 365 business and ProPlus, just to confirm if that makes any difference and couldn’t reproduce the issue in both.

    It might be possible that the issue is with Excel or PowerPoint file in which you are working. To confirm, can you please test with a new Excel and PowerPoint file, perform the steps mentioned above and check if the issue persists.

    If the issue remains, then I would like to collect your Excel and PowerPoint file, so I can test on my end. If you have any sensitive information in your files, please remove them and then upload them in private message. Please click here to access PM.

    Thanks,

    Neha

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-05-22T07:48:00+00:00

    Hi Garret,

    We received your private message. Thanks for the files.

    I’ll check if I can reproduce the issue with your files, will update you soon.

    Regards,

    Neha

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-05-24T20:50:06+00:00

    Hi Neha,

    Any update on this? I am still having this issue.

    Thanks,

    Garret

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-05-25T07:26:47+00:00

    Hi Garret,

    Sorry for the late reply.

    Yes, I did test with error.xlm and Presenation1.pptx files you provided in private message and I still can’t reproduce the issue. I used both the options i.e. Use Destination Styles or Keep source formatting.

    There’s a new version released for Monthly Channel (Targeted), I’ll suggest you update Office and then check the result. To know how to install Office updates, please see Install Office updates.

    After updating Office, if you still encounter the same error, please reply and let me know the current Office version.

    Thanks,

    Neha

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments