We're sorry, something went wrong that might cause your powerpoint to become unstable. Please save your presentations and restart power point.

Anonymous
2018-06-09T15:36:21+00:00

I have been cut and pasting from EXCEL to PPT (Office 365) for months without problems until today. It won't paste, and I get the above error message. I have reserached the problem, quick repaired, long repair, and nothing works. This is a daily part of my work life - Please HELP ME fix this problem. Pasting as a picture is NOT an option. 

Windows 7, OFFICE 365. Thank you. Maureen Monte

Microsoft 365 and Office | PowerPoint | For business | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2018-06-18T18:16:22+00:00

I have been cut and pasting from EXCEL to PPT (Office 365) for months without problems until today. It won't paste, and I get the above error message. I have reserached the problem, quick repaired, long repair, and nothing works. This is a daily part of my work life - Please HELP ME fix this problem. Pasting as a picture is NOT an option. 

Windows 7, OFFICE 365. Thank you. Maureen Monte

Try again, it's working for us now!!

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-06-09T19:32:39+00:00

    Hi Maureen,

    Thanks for your sharing and we are glad to help you.

    To check whether this issue is related to Add-ins, please Start your Office in safe mode to see the outcome. If this issue doesn't happen in safe mode, please click File>Options>Add-ins>To disable Add-ins one by one to check which one caused this case.

    If this issue still exists, please right-click on Powerpoint icon>More>Run As Administrator, open your file to see the outcome.

    If you still can't paste your content normally, please check if your file was created by older version of Office. If so, please click File>Save as to save your file to the latest file format to check if you can paste your data normally.

    Please have a try and share with me your result.

    Besides, please also share with me more info as below:

    1. The detailed version/build number of your OS(Win+R>type CMD>OK) and Office(File>Account>Product Information).
    2. Does this issue happen to all files even newly created or only related ones?

    Thanks,

    Neo

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-06-08T16:39:01+00:00

    This issue was never resolved, only found a workaround.

    After creating a "test" profile, I was able to copy and paste using the 1805 version. However, once I logged into the office account, I couldn't copy and paste again. (not sure if logging in was the cause, but that seems to be aligned with profile issue?) After working with our IT department along with the Microsoft team. We ended up uninstall office and reinstalled version 1708 (Build 8431.2250). All office updates have been disabled by us to prevent this from happening again.

    If your primary work involves copy and paste into powerpoint. Then I would suggest you to reinstall an older version as I have tried many different method and was not able to solve this problem. (using new file, old file, uninstall, reinstall, system restore, creating new profiles)

    Good luck,

    Garret

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-06-08T14:42:32+00:00

    I have the same issue that only started after upgrading Office.  I'm now on Version 1805.  My coworker has the same problem.

    Why would the profile be the issue, only after upgrading?  Can we get more details on what causes this?

    Just for fun, I clicked to see What's New and was surprised to see this:

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-06-06T02:06:19+00:00

    I'd suggest trying a couple of steps to see if that corrects the problem for you.

    1. First, an add-in or extension may be causing the problem. Start the application in Office Safe Mode.

    The instructions to start Office in safe mode are here:

    https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Open-O...

    1. If that doesn't correct the problem, try repairing the installation.

    The instructions to follow to do this are here:

    https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Repair...

    1. Create a new user profile in Windows and see if it works correctly for the new profile

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments