We're sorry, something went wrong that might cause your powerpoint to become unstable. Please save your presentations and restart power point.

Anonymous
2018-06-09T15:36:21+00:00

I have been cut and pasting from EXCEL to PPT (Office 365) for months without problems until today. It won't paste, and I get the above error message. I have reserached the problem, quick repaired, long repair, and nothing works. This is a daily part of my work life - Please HELP ME fix this problem. Pasting as a picture is NOT an option. 

Windows 7, OFFICE 365. Thank you. Maureen Monte

Microsoft 365 and Office | PowerPoint | For business | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2018-06-18T18:16:22+00:00

I have been cut and pasting from EXCEL to PPT (Office 365) for months without problems until today. It won't paste, and I get the above error message. I have reserached the problem, quick repaired, long repair, and nothing works. This is a daily part of my work life - Please HELP ME fix this problem. Pasting as a picture is NOT an option. 

Windows 7, OFFICE 365. Thank you. Maureen Monte

Try again, it's working for us now!!

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-06-11T17:19:39+00:00

    Hello, it is a pleasure for me to assist you with your request.

    I would recommend to use the next link to proceed with a repair:

    https://support.office.com/en-us/article/repair...

    Let me know if you have any further questions.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Vijay A. Verma 104.9K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2018-06-11T17:05:47+00:00

    Please try these options one by one and check after each option.

    1. Sometimes, add-ins can cause problems. To determine, if add-in is a problem start Powerpoint in safe mode and see if problem has gone away.

    To start in Safe Mode -

    Hold CTRL key and click on application icon and don't release the CTRL key till it asks you for Safe mode confirmation.

    If yes, then start application normally and disable add-ins one by one and start application again every time you disable an add-in to determine the culprit add-in.

    To disable add-in > File > Options > Add-ins > Down below you have Manage: Com Add-in : Press Go > Untick the Add-ins to disable and tick to enable them

    1. Try repairing your office installation (Quick repair is good enough). Try repairing your Office installation. First try Quick Repair (takes 5 - 10 mins) , if that doesn't help then try Online Repair (Takes more than 30 mins but less than 1 hour in general)

    https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Repair...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-06-11T17:03:58+00:00

    I am trying to copy and paste from Excel into PowerPoint. When selecting either the Keep Source Formatting (K) or Use Destination Styles (S), nothing happens. 

    I have a table in a PowerPoint Slide. I want to copy an Excel table data into this PowerPoint table. I have done this many times with no issue. Today however, when I select one of the said options, the table flashes and the data does not appear. Now, I can add in the data using one of the other paste options, but I need to manipulate the colors, fonts, etc,. 

    I have tried using notepad and ctrl+c and ctrl+v. I have no idea how to get this to paste in properly. Any help is appreciated.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-06-10T14:43:00+00:00

    This issue is happening with all power point files - new or existing.  I also checked from multiple EXCEL files. They were created in Office 365. It doesn't happen with Word, for example. None of the above solutions worked, and I followed your instructions faithfully. 

    Windows: 6.1.7601 

    Office: Office 365 Version 1805 Build 9330.2087

    Thank you. 

    Maureen Monte.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments