We're sorry, something went wrong that might cause your powerpoint to become unstable. Please save your presentations and restart power point.

Anonymous
2018-06-09T15:36:21+00:00

I have been cut and pasting from EXCEL to PPT (Office 365) for months without problems until today. It won't paste, and I get the above error message. I have reserached the problem, quick repaired, long repair, and nothing works. This is a daily part of my work life - Please HELP ME fix this problem. Pasting as a picture is NOT an option. 

Windows 7, OFFICE 365. Thank you. Maureen Monte

Microsoft 365 and Office | PowerPoint | For business | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2018-06-18T18:16:22+00:00

I have been cut and pasting from EXCEL to PPT (Office 365) for months without problems until today. It won't paste, and I get the above error message. I have reserached the problem, quick repaired, long repair, and nothing works. This is a daily part of my work life - Please HELP ME fix this problem. Pasting as a picture is NOT an option. 

Windows 7, OFFICE 365. Thank you. Maureen Monte

Try again, it's working for us now!!

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-06-13T19:44:49+00:00

    Oh my goodness, Sherryl - thank you so much for letting me know! I am running Windows 7 on this computer with 2016. I can't thank you enough for posting this. If or when there is a fix, if I could trouble you to share it with me, that would be great. 

    Thank you again - I'm an entrepreneur so I am my own IT department as well. :-) Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!

    You're the best. 

    Maureen

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-06-13T18:57:26+00:00

    EXACT same issue in our office with Powerpoint 2016 in Win 7 and Win 10! I have a troubleticket open but no resolution yet. Frustrating for our users!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-06-13T16:12:28+00:00

    I looked into the error message - lots of people having it. I can't imagine what is wrong. Thank you again for trying to help me. I give up. I hate these sorts of things.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-06-13T16:11:50+00:00

    It did not work - when I ran the last command (to roll back) I got an error message:

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments