We're sorry, something went wrong that might cause your powerpoint to become unstable. Please save your presentations and restart power point.

Anonymous
2018-06-09T15:36:21+00:00

I have been cut and pasting from EXCEL to PPT (Office 365) for months without problems until today. It won't paste, and I get the above error message. I have reserached the problem, quick repaired, long repair, and nothing works. This is a daily part of my work life - Please HELP ME fix this problem. Pasting as a picture is NOT an option. 

Windows 7, OFFICE 365. Thank you. Maureen Monte

Microsoft 365 and Office | PowerPoint | For business | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2018-06-18T18:16:22+00:00

I have been cut and pasting from EXCEL to PPT (Office 365) for months without problems until today. It won't paste, and I get the above error message. I have reserached the problem, quick repaired, long repair, and nothing works. This is a daily part of my work life - Please HELP ME fix this problem. Pasting as a picture is NOT an option. 

Windows 7, OFFICE 365. Thank you. Maureen Monte

Try again, it's working for us now!!

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-06-15T17:40:06+00:00

    Oh my goodness, Sherryl - thank you so much for letting me know! I am running Windows 7 on this computer with 2016. I can't thank you enough for posting this. If or when there is a fix, if I could trouble you to share it with me, that would be great. 

    Thank you again - I'm an entrepreneur so I am my own IT department as well. :-) Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!

    You're the best. 

    Maureen 

    Maureen, I'll let you what I hear! Have spent >3 hours with MS tech support (escalated support) so far.  They remoted in to my pc, documented the problem, nothing resolved yet.  Have trouble ticket open. Was told an office update would be rolled out within 7-10 days to fix.  HOPE SO as this effects our business productivity!

    Case still open with Microsoft.

    I tested it with both excel and ppt in safe modes - didn't resolve

    Tested it w/o internet connectivity, Norton Firewall disabled - didn't resolve 

    BTW I tested saving data in word table format, then pasted into PPT table and it worked.  Not sure if this helps you until MS issues a fix

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-06-14T22:20:00+00:00

    Oh my goodness, Sherryl - thank you so much for letting me know! I am running Windows 7 on this computer with 2016. I can't thank you enough for posting this. If or when there is a fix, if I could trouble you to share it with me, that would be great. 

    Thank you again - I'm an entrepreneur so I am my own IT department as well. :-) Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!

    You're the best. 

    Maureen 

    Maureen, I'll let you what I hear! Have spent >3 hours with MS tech support (escalated support) so far.  They remoted in to my pc, documented the problem, nothing resolved yet.  Have trouble ticket open. Was told an office update would be rolled out within 7-10 days to fix.  HOPE SO as this effects our business productivity!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-06-14T14:54:36+00:00

    This started happening with multiple users at my workplace as well. This is a vital function for our users and is hurting their productivity. Just an FYI Google Slides has this functionality and it works fine along with PowerPoint through the web. Get it together Microsoft.

    Same here, only strating happening in the last couple of weeks, I'm also unable to copy and paste excel tables into Outlook emails (I have to ctrl+V)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-06-13T19:49:40+00:00

    This started happening with multiple users at my workplace as well. This is a vital function for our users and is hurting their productivity. Just an FYI Google Slides has this functionality and it works fine along with PowerPoint through the web. Get it together Microsoft.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments