We're sorry, something went wrong that might cause your powerpoint to become unstable. Please save your presentations and restart power point.

Anonymous
2018-06-09T15:36:21+00:00

I have been cut and pasting from EXCEL to PPT (Office 365) for months without problems until today. It won't paste, and I get the above error message. I have reserached the problem, quick repaired, long repair, and nothing works. This is a daily part of my work life - Please HELP ME fix this problem. Pasting as a picture is NOT an option. 

Windows 7, OFFICE 365. Thank you. Maureen Monte

Microsoft 365 and Office | PowerPoint | For business | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2018-06-18T18:16:22+00:00

I have been cut and pasting from EXCEL to PPT (Office 365) for months without problems until today. It won't paste, and I get the above error message. I have reserached the problem, quick repaired, long repair, and nothing works. This is a daily part of my work life - Please HELP ME fix this problem. Pasting as a picture is NOT an option. 

Windows 7, OFFICE 365. Thank you. Maureen Monte

Try again, it's working for us now!!

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-06-18T18:14:09+00:00

    This started happening with multiple users at my workplace as well. This is a vital function for our users and is hurting their productivity. Just an FYI Google Slides has this functionality and it works fine along with PowerPoint through the web. Get it together Microsoft.

    Try now, it's working today for us!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-06-18T09:24:24+00:00

    Hi Timothée ESTEVA,

    Did you check above reply? Please update us when you have time.

    Regards,

    Neha

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-06-16T11:38:03+00:00

    Hi Timothée ESTEVA,

    Which option did you select in PowerPoint when pasting the range? Please check the screenshot below for reference.

     In addition, please provide the following information:

    1. Please provide the screenshot of Office 2016 Product Information. To get this screenshot, open Excel or PowerPoint 2016 on your system, click File>Account, capture the screenshot of all the information mentioned under Product Information. (Note: please remove any sensitive information from the screenshot such as email address or full name etc.).
    2. What is the outcome when you paste the range from Excel to PowerPoint? Please provide some related screenshots to understand the situation better.
    3. Did you make any change recently in your computer which may have resulted in this behavior?
    4. Also, provide the screenshot when you paste in an existing table.

    Thanks,

    Neha

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-06-16T09:27:50+00:00

    Hi, 

    I use office 365 pro running on windows 7

    Since one week I'm suddenly  unable to copy excel content into PPT

    This happens wether i try to copy some excel range and paste it on a blank slide, but also if i try to fill in an existing table in PPT.

    When pasting in an existing table, i can only paste as text, but all ends up in the selected cell instead of being distributed

    When I try to past a range into a blank slide, i get the following error message : "We're sorry, something went wrong that might make PowerPoint unstable. Please save your presentation and restart PowerPoint."

    One week ago things worked fine.

    I tried it in new and old files, so it really is a problem with the soft, not the files

    I kind of need this to do my job.

    I saw some silmilar post dating back to 2013, so it doesn't help much....

    Thanks !

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments