We're sorry, something went wrong that might cause your powerpoint to become unstable. Please save your presentations and restart power point.

Anonymous
2018-06-09T15:36:21+00:00

I have been cut and pasting from EXCEL to PPT (Office 365) for months without problems until today. It won't paste, and I get the above error message. I have reserached the problem, quick repaired, long repair, and nothing works. This is a daily part of my work life - Please HELP ME fix this problem. Pasting as a picture is NOT an option. 

Windows 7, OFFICE 365. Thank you. Maureen Monte

Microsoft 365 and Office | PowerPoint | For business | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2018-06-18T18:16:22+00:00

I have been cut and pasting from EXCEL to PPT (Office 365) for months without problems until today. It won't paste, and I get the above error message. I have reserached the problem, quick repaired, long repair, and nothing works. This is a daily part of my work life - Please HELP ME fix this problem. Pasting as a picture is NOT an option. 

Windows 7, OFFICE 365. Thank you. Maureen Monte

Try again, it's working for us now!!

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2018-05-31T16:10:08+00:00

    Hi Neha,

    Thank you for follow through with all my questions!

    Best,

    Garret

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-05-31T07:53:12+00:00

    Hi Garret,

    Glad to know you found the cause.

    I tested many times with different files and couldn’t reproduce the issue, this confirmed the issue was not with Excel. Since the cause was your current Windows profile, there’s nothing else can be done except for re-creating a new profile.

    Regards,

    Neha

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-05-29T17:21:34+00:00

    Hi Neha,

    Thanks for checking on this issue. After working with my IT department along with someone at Microsoft, we figured out that the issue came from my profile, (we used a new profile and the issue was gone) Do you know what I can do to fix this other than creating a new profile?

    Thanks,

    Garret

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-05-26T07:42:47+00:00

    Hi Garret,

    Did you try updating Office? Are you still getting the same issue?

    Regards,

    Neha

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments