We're sorry, something went wrong that might cause your powerpoint to become unstable. Please save your presentations and restart power point.

Anonymous
2018-06-09T15:36:21+00:00

I have been cut and pasting from EXCEL to PPT (Office 365) for months without problems until today. It won't paste, and I get the above error message. I have reserached the problem, quick repaired, long repair, and nothing works. This is a daily part of my work life - Please HELP ME fix this problem. Pasting as a picture is NOT an option. 

Windows 7, OFFICE 365. Thank you. Maureen Monte

Microsoft 365 and Office | PowerPoint | For business | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2018-06-18T18:16:22+00:00

I have been cut and pasting from EXCEL to PPT (Office 365) for months without problems until today. It won't paste, and I get the above error message. I have reserached the problem, quick repaired, long repair, and nothing works. This is a daily part of my work life - Please HELP ME fix this problem. Pasting as a picture is NOT an option. 

Windows 7, OFFICE 365. Thank you. Maureen Monte

Try again, it's working for us now!!

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2018-05-18T17:26:24+00:00

    Seems like the screen shot wasn't uploaded... 

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-05-18T17:23:28+00:00

    Hi, 

    Thanks for the reply, I am still having the same problem by using the safe mode. All add on has been disabled, below are the answers you are asking for.

    Please provide the screenshot of Office 365 Product Information. To get this screenshot, open Excel or PowerPoint on your computer, click File>Account, capture the screenshot of all the information mentioned under Product Information. (Note*: please remove any sensitive information from the screenshot such as email address, full name etc.).*

    Do you get the same error when pasting content from other Office applications such as OneNote or Word or Outlook?

         Nope I only get an error when paste using destination format or source format. 

    Please try pasting content from non-Office app such as Notepad or browser and check the result.

         No error.

    What happens if you paste the content from PowerPoint itself?

         No error.

    When pasting which option do you choose in PowerPoint? For example, please refer the screenshot below.

         Error on destination format and source format, everything else works fine.FYI, I have received a new laptop from our IT department to install a new office 365. Still found the same issues Several of my co-workers now have discovered this issue of not been able to paste from excel to powerpoint using destination format and source format after the recent update. This is very high priority for me as our IT team is trying to solve this issue with me as well.

    Thanks,

    Garret

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-05-18T10:36:18+00:00

    Hi Garret,

    Please re-start PowerPoint in safe mode and then copy content from Excel and paste it in PowerPoint, check if you get the same error. To start PowerPoint in safe mode, follow the steps below:

    • Close any instance of PowerPoint, if open.
    • Right-click the Start button (lower-left corner) in Windows and click Run.
    • In the Run box, type powerpnt /safe, and click OK.

    Note: To stop Office Safe Mode, exit and restart your Office application.

    In addition, please make sure you do not have any third-party add-ins installed in PowerPoint.

    • Open PowerPoint in normal mode, click File > Options > Add-Ins.
    • At the bottom of the dialog box, change the Manage dropdown to COM add-ins, and select Go.
    • Clear the checkbox for any enabled COM add-ins. select OK.
    • Re-start PowerPoint and perform the copy-paste action again

    If the issue persists, please provide the following information to troubleshoot the issue:

    1. Please provide the screenshot of Office 365 Product Information. To get this screenshot, open Excel or PowerPoint on your computer, click File>Account, capture the screenshot of all the information mentioned under Product Information. (Note*: please remove any sensitive information from the screenshot such as email address, full name etc.).*
    2. Do you get the same error when pasting content from other Office applications such as OneNote or Word or Outlook?
    3. Please try pasting content from non-Office app such as Notepad or browser and check the result.
    4. What happens if you paste the content from PowerPoint itself?
    5. When pasting which option do you choose in PowerPoint? For example, please refer the screenshot below.

    Thanks,

    Neha

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-05-17T17:35:24+00:00

    I installed a Microsoft update this morning and now I am having an issue of not being able to paste data from excel to PowerPoint. Below is the error message.

    "We're sorry, something went wrong that might make PowerPoint unstable. Please save your presentations and restart PowerPoint."

    I was able to copy and paste data into Power Point just fine yesterday, but I can no longer do this today. My co-worker also ran into the same problem after the update, she did a system restore to the previous Microsoft office version and the problem was resolved. However, I am unable to do the same.

    What I have done to trouble:

         1. System Restore

         2. Repair Microsoft Office

         3. Reinstall Microsoft Office

    I have seen a lot of forum on this topic, but no one really follow through to actually solve it. Please let me know what I can do to fix this.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments