Display Problem with OneNote app

Anonymous
2018-10-15T23:23:57+00:00

I have a new Thinkpad P1 with the Nvidia P2000 Discrete Graphics card onboard. I have this following display/screen drawing issue with OneNote app (and only this app)

I have tried using the disableonenotehardwarerenderingx64 utility from Microsoft, but this did not resolve the issue.

Any ideas out there?

Thanks

David

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneNote | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2019-06-13T12:24:31+00:00

Through my support request with Nvidia's Customer Help system (the link Rena provided), I was informed that the driver I had installed was no longer the latest version.

They referred me to the Quadro driver release #430, dated June 10, 2019.

I've only done a few tests, but it looks like the driver has addressed the issue.  I do not get the same video corruption in OneNote anymore.

Was this answer helpful?

4 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2019-06-03T06:26:24+00:00

Hi All,

Thanks for your effort and time on this case. We are sorry for the inconvenience the issue causes. We have reported and got the response from the related resource. However, it is still recommended to submit a bug report to Nvidia directly. I'd like to share a summary for the issue here which will benefit other community members.

Symptoms:

OneNote for Windows 10 app will have display issue if the computer is using Nvidia graphic card.

Environment:

The computer is running with Nvidia graphic card.

OneNote for Windows 10 app.

Workaround:

It seems that the issue only happens in OneNote for Windows 10 but not OneNote 2016. As a workaround, please refer to Install or reinstall OneNote 2016 for Windows for your need.

Assessment:

The issue is caused by the conflict between OneNote app and Nvidia graphic card. After confirming with the related resource, it is recommended to first submit a bug report to Nvidia directly here.

Sorry for the inconvenience. You can use the workaround mentioned above temporarily. If you still have any concern about this, you can go to OneNote for Windows 10 app > click the “…” collapse settings button on the right corner of the window > Feedback to post your feedback directly. We appreciate your understanding.

Best Regards,

Rena

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-10-17T11:32:29+00:00

    Hi David,

    Thanks for your updated information.

    Given this situation, it might be caused by 3rd party applications. I would suggest you followHow to perform a clean boot in Windows to check if the issue persists. Please also share the result with us.

    In the meantime, I would like to confirm if your OneNote for Windows 10 can work fine under the situation. If it cannot affect your OneNote, it might also be just a display issue. I would suggest you check your Graphics Driver to see if it has been updated to the latest version.

    Regards,

    Eli

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-10-19T02:16:07+00:00

    Hi David,

    May I know if you need further assistance?

    Regards,

    Eli

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-10-19T02:35:03+00:00

    Hi Eli

    I appreciate that you need to eliminate all possibilities, doing a clean restore is not practical given the huge amount of work required to bring my PC back up to its fully functioning operating level with all associated programs and customisations. I'm not running anything unusual on this PC, a ThinkPad P1, which was a clean install only a week ago. I would have hoped that disabling the Hardware Acceleration via the Microsoft utility available online would have resolved this issue. Is there any way that I can check that the settings this utility is meant to change are being changed (is it a registry edit or something similar)?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments