Display Problem with OneNote app

Anonymous
2018-10-15T23:23:57+00:00

I have a new Thinkpad P1 with the Nvidia P2000 Discrete Graphics card onboard. I have this following display/screen drawing issue with OneNote app (and only this app)

I have tried using the disableonenotehardwarerenderingx64 utility from Microsoft, but this did not resolve the issue.

Any ideas out there?

Thanks

David

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneNote | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2019-06-13T12:24:31+00:00

Through my support request with Nvidia's Customer Help system (the link Rena provided), I was informed that the driver I had installed was no longer the latest version.

They referred me to the Quadro driver release #430, dated June 10, 2019.

I've only done a few tests, but it looks like the driver has addressed the issue.  I do not get the same video corruption in OneNote anymore.

Was this answer helpful?

4 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2019-06-03T06:26:24+00:00

Hi All,

Thanks for your effort and time on this case. We are sorry for the inconvenience the issue causes. We have reported and got the response from the related resource. However, it is still recommended to submit a bug report to Nvidia directly. I'd like to share a summary for the issue here which will benefit other community members.

Symptoms:

OneNote for Windows 10 app will have display issue if the computer is using Nvidia graphic card.

Environment:

The computer is running with Nvidia graphic card.

OneNote for Windows 10 app.

Workaround:

It seems that the issue only happens in OneNote for Windows 10 but not OneNote 2016. As a workaround, please refer to Install or reinstall OneNote 2016 for Windows for your need.

Assessment:

The issue is caused by the conflict between OneNote app and Nvidia graphic card. After confirming with the related resource, it is recommended to first submit a bug report to Nvidia directly here.

Sorry for the inconvenience. You can use the workaround mentioned above temporarily. If you still have any concern about this, you can go to OneNote for Windows 10 app > click the “…” collapse settings button on the right corner of the window > Feedback to post your feedback directly. We appreciate your understanding.

Best Regards,

Rena

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-10-16T21:09:01+00:00

    Hi Eli

    1. I have three separate accounts attached to OneNote for Windows, Notebooks in all three accounts exhibit this rendering issue.
    2. The same three accounts on OneNote 2016 DO NOT have this rendering issue.
    3. OneNote for Windows works fine with these three accounts on my Surface Pro 5 (my Thinkpad P1 with Nvidia P2000 is the PC with the rendering issue).

    Thanks

    David

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-10-17T02:12:21+00:00

    Hi David,

    Thanks for your detailed information.

    Based on the test, the issue might be caused by OneNote for Windows 10 client. So I would suggest you try reset OneNote by following the steps below:

    1.Right-click Start Menu >Settings

    2.Click Apps >Apps & features

    3.Select OneNote >Advanced options

    4.Reset

    (Note: Please back up all the notebooks before resetting. If you have synced the notebooks, you only need to re-sync the notebooks to OneNote for Windows 10 client after resetting.)

    Regards,

    Eli

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-10-17T03:20:58+00:00

    Thanks Eli, unfortunately resetting OneNote for Windows HAS NOT resolved this issue.

    Regards

    David

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments