Display Problem with OneNote app

Anonymous
2018-10-15T23:23:57+00:00

I have a new Thinkpad P1 with the Nvidia P2000 Discrete Graphics card onboard. I have this following display/screen drawing issue with OneNote app (and only this app)

I have tried using the disableonenotehardwarerenderingx64 utility from Microsoft, but this did not resolve the issue.

Any ideas out there?

Thanks

David

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneNote | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2019-06-13T12:24:31+00:00

Through my support request with Nvidia's Customer Help system (the link Rena provided), I was informed that the driver I had installed was no longer the latest version.

They referred me to the Quadro driver release #430, dated June 10, 2019.

I've only done a few tests, but it looks like the driver has addressed the issue.  I do not get the same video corruption in OneNote anymore.

Was this answer helpful?

4 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2019-06-03T06:26:24+00:00

Hi All,

Thanks for your effort and time on this case. We are sorry for the inconvenience the issue causes. We have reported and got the response from the related resource. However, it is still recommended to submit a bug report to Nvidia directly. I'd like to share a summary for the issue here which will benefit other community members.

Symptoms:

OneNote for Windows 10 app will have display issue if the computer is using Nvidia graphic card.

Environment:

The computer is running with Nvidia graphic card.

OneNote for Windows 10 app.

Workaround:

It seems that the issue only happens in OneNote for Windows 10 but not OneNote 2016. As a workaround, please refer to Install or reinstall OneNote 2016 for Windows for your need.

Assessment:

The issue is caused by the conflict between OneNote app and Nvidia graphic card. After confirming with the related resource, it is recommended to first submit a bug report to Nvidia directly here.

Sorry for the inconvenience. You can use the workaround mentioned above temporarily. If you still have any concern about this, you can go to OneNote for Windows 10 app > click the “…” collapse settings button on the right corner of the window > Feedback to post your feedback directly. We appreciate your understanding.

Best Regards,

Rena

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2019-04-28T00:46:27+00:00

    DavidFrish. Thanks for letting us tag along on the Lenovo ride, though I'm not fully sold on it being Lenovo/Nvidia issue. I'm experiencing issue from P1 to three different external displays. Issue continues regardless of connection mode (native HDMI, Thunderbolt-to-Displayport/HDMI; or Thunderbolt-to-docking-to Displayport/HDMI). In support of your theory, they fail at both 3840x2160 and 1920x1080 resolutions.

    Sharp PN-K321 32" 4k Displayport

    LG Ultra HD 27" 4k Displayport/HDMI

    Dell S718QL 4k HDMI. This is an ultra-short-throw 4k projector.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-05-23T09:59:00+00:00

    Hi Rena!

    It's been a month since you last replied. Are there any news on the issue?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-05-28T20:54:14+00:00

    Hi Фарид Кадыров,

    Thanks for your effort and time on this case. I am still monitoring this issue.

    I would first suggest you submitting a bug report to Nvidia directly here. I haven’t got response from the related resource yet, but I will check again with them. If I have any updates, I will post back here to inform you at the first time.

    Sorry for the inconvenience the issue causes.

    In the meantime, it is said that the issue only happens in OneNote for Windows 10 but not OneNote 2016. As a workaround, please 

    refer to Install or reinstall OneNote 2016 for Windows for your need.

    Best Regards,

    Rena

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments