Display Problem with OneNote app

Anonymous
2018-10-15T23:23:57+00:00

I have a new Thinkpad P1 with the Nvidia P2000 Discrete Graphics card onboard. I have this following display/screen drawing issue with OneNote app (and only this app)

I have tried using the disableonenotehardwarerenderingx64 utility from Microsoft, but this did not resolve the issue.

Any ideas out there?

Thanks

David

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneNote | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2019-06-13T12:24:31+00:00

Through my support request with Nvidia's Customer Help system (the link Rena provided), I was informed that the driver I had installed was no longer the latest version.

They referred me to the Quadro driver release #430, dated June 10, 2019.

I've only done a few tests, but it looks like the driver has addressed the issue.  I do not get the same video corruption in OneNote anymore.

Was this answer helpful?

4 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2019-06-03T06:26:24+00:00

Hi All,

Thanks for your effort and time on this case. We are sorry for the inconvenience the issue causes. We have reported and got the response from the related resource. However, it is still recommended to submit a bug report to Nvidia directly. I'd like to share a summary for the issue here which will benefit other community members.

Symptoms:

OneNote for Windows 10 app will have display issue if the computer is using Nvidia graphic card.

Environment:

The computer is running with Nvidia graphic card.

OneNote for Windows 10 app.

Workaround:

It seems that the issue only happens in OneNote for Windows 10 but not OneNote 2016. As a workaround, please refer to Install or reinstall OneNote 2016 for Windows for your need.

Assessment:

The issue is caused by the conflict between OneNote app and Nvidia graphic card. After confirming with the related resource, it is recommended to first submit a bug report to Nvidia directly here.

Sorry for the inconvenience. You can use the workaround mentioned above temporarily. If you still have any concern about this, you can go to OneNote for Windows 10 app > click the “…” collapse settings button on the right corner of the window > Feedback to post your feedback directly. We appreciate your understanding.

Best Regards,

Rena

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2019-04-23T18:59:56+00:00

    I'm new to this thread and have the same issue. My configuration:

    Lenovo P1 (Model# 20MD001YUS)

    NVidia Quadro P2000

    Asus PB287Q 3840x2160 @ 60Hz

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-04-24T13:22:21+00:00

    Hi All,

    Thanks for posting back here. Based on all the information above, the cause of the issue is the conflict between OneNote app and Nvidia graphic card. I will try to report this issue and see what the next action the related team would like to take. Any updates will be post back here as soon as possible. 

    However, I would recommned you submit a bug report to Nvidia directly here.

    Thanks,

    Rena

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-04-25T16:55:29+00:00

    I am also experiencing this same issue.

    HP ZBook Studio x360 G5

    NVIDIA Quadro P1000

    Dell UltraSharp U3415W

    LG TV

    For me, the issue persists if I am docked or undocked.

    I am not aware of the full extent of everyone else's issues, but buttons, menus, notebooks and page listings won't always be displayed. I can temporarily get them to be visible by dragging the size of the window or by moving my pen over the buttons' locations.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments