Display Problem with OneNote app

Anonymous
2018-10-15T23:23:57+00:00

I have a new Thinkpad P1 with the Nvidia P2000 Discrete Graphics card onboard. I have this following display/screen drawing issue with OneNote app (and only this app)

I have tried using the disableonenotehardwarerenderingx64 utility from Microsoft, but this did not resolve the issue.

Any ideas out there?

Thanks

David

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneNote | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2019-06-13T12:24:31+00:00

Through my support request with Nvidia's Customer Help system (the link Rena provided), I was informed that the driver I had installed was no longer the latest version.

They referred me to the Quadro driver release #430, dated June 10, 2019.

I've only done a few tests, but it looks like the driver has addressed the issue.  I do not get the same video corruption in OneNote anymore.

Was this answer helpful?

4 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2019-06-03T06:26:24+00:00

Hi All,

Thanks for your effort and time on this case. We are sorry for the inconvenience the issue causes. We have reported and got the response from the related resource. However, it is still recommended to submit a bug report to Nvidia directly. I'd like to share a summary for the issue here which will benefit other community members.

Symptoms:

OneNote for Windows 10 app will have display issue if the computer is using Nvidia graphic card.

Environment:

The computer is running with Nvidia graphic card.

OneNote for Windows 10 app.

Workaround:

It seems that the issue only happens in OneNote for Windows 10 but not OneNote 2016. As a workaround, please refer to Install or reinstall OneNote 2016 for Windows for your need.

Assessment:

The issue is caused by the conflict between OneNote app and Nvidia graphic card. After confirming with the related resource, it is recommended to first submit a bug report to Nvidia directly here.

Sorry for the inconvenience. You can use the workaround mentioned above temporarily. If you still have any concern about this, you can go to OneNote for Windows 10 app > click the “…” collapse settings button on the right corner of the window > Feedback to post your feedback directly. We appreciate your understanding.

Best Regards,

Rena

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2019-04-21T00:59:33+00:00

    I have been pursuing this issue with Lenovo Premium Support and they have conjectured that the issue is in relation to the resolution of the screen (external monitor) I have attached to the dock. For a few reasons which I won't go into here, I do not think this is the right conclusion but to help narrow down the issue it would be good if everyone that is experiencing this problem could let me know the screen resolution they are currently using for their external monitor. I am using the Dell Ultrawide U4919DW 5120x1440 resolution.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-04-19T13:15:31+00:00

    I also have a Lenovo P1, fully patched and current (NVIDIA P2000 25.21.14.1735), and am experiencing behavior described within. Symptoms render OneNote W10 unusable (in routine external monitor configuration) after substantial investment/reliance on app.  

    I've tried to follow thread but don't see 'resolved' anywhere, or confirmation that MS has taken/is taking steps, or that they'd passed OneNote W10 specifics to NVIDIA to resolve.

    Rena-It seems that 'real' symptom is that OneNote doesn't work with Lenovo's P2000 implementation in the P series laptops, not that the P1 BIOS lacks Integrated option when using external monitor. I don't dispute it would be helpful to have this option if only for troubleshooting.

    There have been some out-of-band communications so it is possible fix exists. Can anybody confirm?

    Thank you

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-03-05T13:08:52+00:00

    Hi Doug,

    Thanks for the information. You can first check whether the display driver has been updated to the latest version. We would also suggest you can follow David to create a ticket to Lenovo to let them check the issue. Like David mentioned,  there is a fundamental problem that when the device is docked there is no access to the integrated graphics (Intel) only the Nvidia graphics can be accessed. 

    Regards,

    Rena

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments