AUTOCORRECT-ONENOTE: FOR GODS SAKE PROVIDE AN OPTION TO TURN IT OFF!!

Anonymous
2019-01-26T16:06:04+00:00

Why, why was OneNote released without an option to turn autocorrect off?! This problem is now old enough, how was this not fixed? You essentially made OneNote completely useless, since it auto-"corrects" everything you want to type into something wrong. Why was this option removed from the new Versions of OneNote? How does it come that its not fixed by now?

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneNote | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

51 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-08-06T09:41:47+00:00

    It's still not fixed?

    Makes me think this is actually intentional.

    "Buy our subscription or else we make your life very ... let's say ... inconvenient"

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-07-29T16:16:46+00:00

    If you are the adventurous type you can try:

    Add the wanted feature to Autocorrect in OneNote 2016. It will land in MSO10xx.ACL (xx depending on your language) in

    C:\Users<user>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Office

    Use it to overwrite the corresponding file (after saving it) for OneNote for Windows 10 in 

    C:\Users<user>\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Office.OneNote_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\AppData\Roaming\Office

    Bernd

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-07-29T04:33:43+00:00

    Agreed. It wouldn't be such a big deal if it didn't "re-correct" things that I specifically went back and "un-corrected". I work in a field with a lot of acronyms, one of them being EHR. Currently, the only way to type that in OneNote is to type it, let OneNote "fix" it, then go back over and fix it again. If I backspace to change it back, OneNote "corrects" it again as soon as I finish re-typing it.

    I have the EXACT same problem with the EXACT same acronym (LOL) - electronic health record. Keeps changing it to HER. It gave me the ability to add ehr (lowercase) to my dictionary, but it does not underline EHR (capitalized) and and thus not give the ability to add to my dictionary. 

    Who makes the product decisions like this? 

    egads! I came here for the exact same reason. I NEED to be able to add EHR to the dictionary. Completely unable. Very frustrating! Yet another reason that I don't like this version of OneNote.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-07-17T14:22:47+00:00

    This is crazy, so much time left and they still haven't fixed it.

    I really wish I could use OneNote for my studies.

    And what makes matters worse - they used to have this functionality

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-07-14T04:50:38+00:00

    The lack of customizeable Autocorrect is extremely irritating for my studies.. I constantly need to type technology lingo (such as "Binary Large OBject") and Onenote for windows 10 will take away the intended capitalization. I understand the desire to keep it simple but this is bordering on an absurd lack of control for a notes taking program.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments