A family of Microsoft word processing software products for creating web, email, and print documents.
Sadly yes, it still occurs in safe mode. 😕
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
This is infuriating as I often access online databases, library catalogues etc as I work. I now cannot work while online which basically means I cannot work at all and have to revert to Office 2007.
Thanks in advance for your help.
A family of Microsoft word processing software products for creating web, email, and print documents.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Sadly yes, it still occurs in safe mode. 😕
Hi KathieXX,
This seems to be an individual issue since we haven't get this kind report recently. I hope you can reinstall the Office client after Completely uninstall Office 2016 with the easy fix tool.
If this issue still happens, as you said Windows 7 (about to upgrade to Windows 10), can you upgrade it, and check the running of Office 2016. Sometimes it is a solution for some factors that we do't know.
Feel free to feedback here.
Regards,
Jerry
Hi Jerry,
I have uninstalled and reinstalled Office twice. I have also tried to install Windows 10 twice and have been unsuccessful. All of this has chewed up my limited monthly data allowance - not to mention a lot of time - so I can't do anything more except work offline or work with Office 2007. It is very, very disappointing.
Thanks.
P.S. This is definitely a problem since the last update.
Hi KathieXX,
Since this issue still exists, so you may need more powerful tools to detect this issue.
I'd like you can try use the Microsoft Office Configuration Analyzer Tool 2.2 to see the where is the issue.And try performing clean boot.
In additon, please update you Office to the latest version and check if this issue still exists.
If you have any further questions at this time, please feel free to contact me.
Regards,
Jerry
Hi KathieXX,
Does the CPU usage calm down or not now?
Feel free to tell us result.
Regards,
Jerry