PowerPoint stretches each slide when presenting on the iMac display

Anonymous
2018-09-21T16:55:25+00:00

Split from this thread.

Hi Eli.

I tried that solution myself, and Powerpoint only showed the lower left quadrant of the slides when displaying on the iMac monitor!

And after doing the full deep uninstall and reinstall of Office 365, it still stretches each slide when presenting on the iMac display.

So I still have that issue on a newly made presentation as well as older ones.

thanks -h

Microsoft 365 and Office | PowerPoint | For business | MacOS

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2018-09-28T06:33:25+00:00

Hi All,

Thanks for all your feedback! We have involved more resources to check this issue and will share the updates once available. Here I would like to provide a summary so that other community members can easily identify the symptoms.

Symptoms:

PowerPoint stretches each slide when presenting on the 27-inch iMac 5K display (5120x2880 resolution) after upgrading to 16.17.

Workaround:

Go to System Preferences > Display > switch from “Default for Display” to “Scaled” > then select “Larger Text”

Assessment:

Please update the Office to the latest version to get the fix.

Thanks again for all your feedback to help us improve our services and products.

Regards,

Rena

[Updated by Rena Yu MSFT, 08:16 AM Jan 18, 2019(UTC)]

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-09-26T22:20:37+00:00

    Just my monitor is the issue: Mid 2015, 27 inch Retina 5k, iMac.

    I can send you the Powerpoint file, but it's occurring on all Powerpoint that I make using any slide size ACCEPT "Standard".

    Here's the weird thing... when I switch the resolution of the Display in the System Preferences from "Default for Display" to "Scaled" and then select "Larger Text" or the one next to it... the Presentation is fine. As soon as I select "Default" thru "Smaller Text"... the problem persists.

    APPLE DROP DOWN in upper left of Finder > System Preferences > Display > Scaled > Larger Text

    I'd prefer Default... :) Please help.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-09-26T22:36:24+00:00

    Try switching your Display's resolution to something a little larger.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-09-26T22:38:09+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-09-27T12:43:41+00:00

    It is definitely a bug in 16.17, as changing resolution should not affect how Powerpoint performs.

    -h

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments