PowerPoint stretches each slide when presenting on the iMac display

Anonymous
2018-09-21T16:55:25+00:00

Split from this thread.

Hi Eli.

I tried that solution myself, and Powerpoint only showed the lower left quadrant of the slides when displaying on the iMac monitor!

And after doing the full deep uninstall and reinstall of Office 365, it still stretches each slide when presenting on the iMac display.

So I still have that issue on a newly made presentation as well as older ones.

thanks -h

Microsoft 365 and Office | PowerPoint | For business | MacOS

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2018-09-28T06:33:25+00:00

Hi All,

Thanks for all your feedback! We have involved more resources to check this issue and will share the updates once available. Here I would like to provide a summary so that other community members can easily identify the symptoms.

Symptoms:

PowerPoint stretches each slide when presenting on the 27-inch iMac 5K display (5120x2880 resolution) after upgrading to 16.17.

Workaround:

Go to System Preferences > Display > switch from “Default for Display” to “Scaled” > then select “Larger Text”

Assessment:

Please update the Office to the latest version to get the fix.

Thanks again for all your feedback to help us improve our services and products.

Regards,

Rena

[Updated by Rena Yu MSFT, 08:16 AM Jan 18, 2019(UTC)]

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-09-27T18:01:59+00:00

    I've sent you the video file, the Powerpoint I'm using in the video and my iMac's specs. Hope this all helps!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-09-27T17:50:39+00:00

    Hi Daniel,

    Since your GIF cannot show this issue in a clear way, I would like to collect a video regarding this issue on your side for further investigation via private message.

    Besides, I would also like to collect a screenshot of your iMac version as shown in the figure below. (Note: To protect your privacy, please mask Serial Number.)

    @h,

    I would also like to collect the screenshot of your iMac here. (Note: To protect your privacy, please mask Serial Number.)

    @Thomas,

    I have also sent a private message to you to collect something for further investigation. Please check it.

    This issue might also affect others, so we need more information to confirm it. Thank you for your cooperation and feedback.

    Regards,

    Eli

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-09-27T14:40:13+00:00

    Did changing your iMac's display setting help?

    Just like to confirm the issue. It started after upgrade to PowerPoint 16.17. I run iMac 27" 4 GHz i7,

    late 2014 and macOS Mojave. But it also occured in High Sierra. My MBP 13" 2016 runs without problems with the same version of PowerPoint and OS. A converted file runs smoothly in Keynote.

    With greetings from Sweden 

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-09-27T13:54:48+00:00

    Just like to confirm the issue. It started after upgrade to PowerPoint 16.17. I run iMac 27" 4 GHz i7,

    late 2014 and macOS Mojave. But it also occured in High Sierra. My MBP 13" 2016 runs without problems with the same version of PowerPoint and OS. A converted file runs smoothly in Keynote.

    With greetings from Sweden

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments