PowerPoint stretches each slide when presenting on the iMac display

Anonymous
2018-09-21T16:55:25+00:00

Split from this thread.

Hi Eli.

I tried that solution myself, and Powerpoint only showed the lower left quadrant of the slides when displaying on the iMac monitor!

And after doing the full deep uninstall and reinstall of Office 365, it still stretches each slide when presenting on the iMac display.

So I still have that issue on a newly made presentation as well as older ones.

thanks -h

Microsoft 365 and Office | PowerPoint | For business | MacOS

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2018-09-28T06:33:25+00:00

Hi All,

Thanks for all your feedback! We have involved more resources to check this issue and will share the updates once available. Here I would like to provide a summary so that other community members can easily identify the symptoms.

Symptoms:

PowerPoint stretches each slide when presenting on the 27-inch iMac 5K display (5120x2880 resolution) after upgrading to 16.17.

Workaround:

Go to System Preferences > Display > switch from “Default for Display” to “Scaled” > then select “Larger Text”

Assessment:

Please update the Office to the latest version to get the fix.

Thanks again for all your feedback to help us improve our services and products.

Regards,

Rena

[Updated by Rena Yu MSFT, 08:16 AM Jan 18, 2019(UTC)]

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-09-24T14:15:17+00:00

    Sorry to chime in here but I'm having the same problem...this wasn't an issue with the last version of PowerPoint.

    I'm on the Office Insider Slow Release, version 16.17 (180909). Perhaps this is a bug in this release?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-09-24T14:03:55+00:00

    Hi Eli.

    I made a new user account and made a new Powerpoint presentation. It presented fine on the secondary display, but it exhibited the s amber stretch problem when presenting on the main iMac display.

    -h

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-09-21T21:39:34+00:00

    Hi Herbie,

    Thanks for your updated information in PM.

    In this situation, I would also suggest you create a new user account on your mac. This will help us verify if the issue is related to your mac profile or Office. The new user system does not have anything added and PowerPoint runs from scratch. Here’s an articlewith the detailed steps on how to create a new user account. Please let us know if it makes different.

    (Disclaimer: Microsoft provides no assurances and/or warranties, implied or otherwise, and is not responsible for the information you receive from the third-party linked sites or any support related to technology.)

    Regards,

    Eli

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-09-21T18:45:49+00:00

    Hi Herbie,

    Thanks for your information. The same issues might be caused by different root causes.

    For further assistance, I would also like to collect following information:

    1.When did the issue start to happen? What changes did you make before?

    2.Please provide your current PowerPoint version information for us.

    3.I would like to collect a video regarding the issue via private message to better understand the situation.

    Regards,

    Eli

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments