PowerPoint stretches each slide when presenting on the iMac display

Anonymous
2018-09-21T16:55:25+00:00

Split from this thread.

Hi Eli.

I tried that solution myself, and Powerpoint only showed the lower left quadrant of the slides when displaying on the iMac monitor!

And after doing the full deep uninstall and reinstall of Office 365, it still stretches each slide when presenting on the iMac display.

So I still have that issue on a newly made presentation as well as older ones.

thanks -h

Microsoft 365 and Office | PowerPoint | For business | MacOS

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2018-09-28T06:33:25+00:00

Hi All,

Thanks for all your feedback! We have involved more resources to check this issue and will share the updates once available. Here I would like to provide a summary so that other community members can easily identify the symptoms.

Symptoms:

PowerPoint stretches each slide when presenting on the 27-inch iMac 5K display (5120x2880 resolution) after upgrading to 16.17.

Workaround:

Go to System Preferences > Display > switch from “Default for Display” to “Scaled” > then select “Larger Text”

Assessment:

Please update the Office to the latest version to get the fix.

Thanks again for all your feedback to help us improve our services and products.

Regards,

Rena

[Updated by Rena Yu MSFT, 08:16 AM Jan 18, 2019(UTC)]

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-09-26T22:16:35+00:00

    I have the same issue:

    1. This issue started when I updated to the latest Powerpoint version: 16.17

    I changed fonts around to test the Font Embedding feature.

    **2.**Version 16.17 (180909)

    License: Office 365 Subscription

    Device ID: 13C74C5D-xxxx-5F61-927B-0D7F975xxxx

    I will send a video of the issue if you need it. I created a GIF, however:

    https://imgur.com/HBxUHEn

    See the Yellow Oval in the beginning? It's suppose to be a Circle.

    The background is a radial gradient... but it's oval then snaps to circular.

    [Device ID is masked by Eli Qian MSFT Support]

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-09-26T17:46:34+00:00

    Hi.

    It only occurs when presenting on the primary iMac display. It presents fine on the secondary display.

    iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017)

    -h

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-09-26T15:36:02+00:00

    Hi Herbie,

    Thanks for your video in private message.

    I tested in PowerPoint version 16.17 (180909) to try to reproduce this issue on my side. But it does not appear. 

    Given this situation, I would like to confirm following information for further investigation:

    1.Does this issue only occur in a certain display (the primary iMac display)? If you change the main display as the secondary display, does the issue still occur in the main display on iMac? It may be helpful for us to narrow down if the issue is related to the monitor.

    2.I would like to collect the problematic PowerPoint file as shown in your video via PM to check if it can be reproduced on my side.

    Regards,

    Eli

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-09-24T16:59:41+00:00

    Hi momad2224,

    No problem, you could post reply or same issues at any place in this forum. Not sure what causes this issue currently. 

    Have you tried safe mode and new user profile? It may be helpful for us to narrow down.

    For further investigation, I would collect a video regarding the issue on your side via private message.

    @Herbie h,

    I have sent a link to you in private message. Please check it.

    Regards,

    Eli

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments