PowerPoint stretches each slide when presenting on the iMac display

Anonymous
2018-09-21T16:55:25+00:00

Split from this thread.

Hi Eli.

I tried that solution myself, and Powerpoint only showed the lower left quadrant of the slides when displaying on the iMac monitor!

And after doing the full deep uninstall and reinstall of Office 365, it still stretches each slide when presenting on the iMac display.

So I still have that issue on a newly made presentation as well as older ones.

thanks -h

Microsoft 365 and Office | PowerPoint | For business | MacOS

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2018-09-28T06:33:25+00:00

Hi All,

Thanks for all your feedback! We have involved more resources to check this issue and will share the updates once available. Here I would like to provide a summary so that other community members can easily identify the symptoms.

Symptoms:

PowerPoint stretches each slide when presenting on the 27-inch iMac 5K display (5120x2880 resolution) after upgrading to 16.17.

Workaround:

Go to System Preferences > Display > switch from “Default for Display” to “Scaled” > then select “Larger Text”

Assessment:

Please update the Office to the latest version to get the fix.

Thanks again for all your feedback to help us improve our services and products.

Regards,

Rena

[Updated by Rena Yu MSFT, 08:16 AM Jan 18, 2019(UTC)]

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2018-09-27T19:04:14+00:00

    Here you go! Also in the File Server link you shared with me in a PM.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-09-27T18:24:57+00:00

    This is all true on any monitor with resolution over 2560x1440. I'm on a MacBook Pro with 5K external display, and have the same issues. I'm trying to combine this into one thread, since there's a bunch of us with the same issues working in parallel to fix it. All my comments and stuff are here, if it helps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-09-27T18:13:35+00:00

    Hi Daniel,

    Thank your for your positive cooperation. It is very helpful!

    We have started to focus on this issue. Could you share the screenshot of MacOS version like my picture above showing with us?

    Regards,

    Eli

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-09-27T18:01:59+00:00

    I've sent you the video file, the Powerpoint I'm using in the video and my iMac's specs. Hope this all helps!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments