Cannot use OneNote App on Amazon Fire Tablet

Anonymous
2018-04-13T21:47:43+00:00

Trying to login to the OneNote app@on my tablet. It says “getting your notes” then “there’s a problem” error code 80004005

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneNote | For home | Android

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2018-12-02T19:03:47+00:00

I turned on the unknown sources settings but cannot still get it to work am getting the error code still despite uninstalling and installing one note again.  Great to hear you got it working though and it's another interesting clue in this drawn out puzzle!

SouthernRose  today is Dec 2 2018. I found this thread after trying to fix this issue for months. Here is the way it has to work. You have to leave the onenote that is not working and giving you the error code installed on your tablet (i have a fire hdx) then I did what meme suggested and went downloaded es file explorer from amazon app store. Then through Silk I used the https://onenote.en.uptodown.com/android/download/671623 address and hit download it took a few times to get it to finally download for me then I went thru ES file explorer and found it under their downloads tab and then choose to install it**it asked if i wanted to install this newer version over the older version but I would not lose any data(I don't know if this was necessary but I had already done this part I cleared out all data from onenote and the cleared the cache before I did any of this) I tapped OK install newer version over older version and it installed brought me to a fresh version of onenote that had new notebooks on the side *its like if i had not signed in or used one note before, on the right it gave me the option to add my own note book with my own account and I signed and it WORKED all my notebooks synced and showed up and it working great. I hope this helps as I know the frustration and the need all my recipes are on one note so this time of year I need it! lol. Hope this works for you and anyone else and you enjoy your coming Holidays. Gratefully AppleCrumble

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2019-03-10T16:42:10+00:00

    I typed in the http that you had in your reply. It says that site is no longer working. Is there any other workaround? Please advise the only reason i bought a 2nd fire tablet is because i cracked the screen on an older fire tab let i own that i use for school and OneNote works perfectly with the older fire tablets. I could always replace the screen its just a small crack.

    I just tried that address again and it works fine. Give it another shot.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments