Stephanie,
I tried resetting OneNote and the OneNote clipper several times. I also closed Chrome (and Firefox) and reopened them after making the changes. I also tried Edge. No difference.
I tried using an old netbook PC that I haven't started in some time. Same results so it's probably not a PC setting. I'm experiencing the same problem on multiple browsers, including Edge, so it's probably not a browser issue. Two of the capture options
work fine, so that suggests that it is not a problem with OneNote.
That seems to leave the clipper. I checked and I have what appears to be the latest version (3.7.7). I tried disabling all extensions except the clipper, closing and reopening the browser, and still no change.
I happened to be on MSN.com and checked both Edge and Chrome on that site. Both worked so that made me think that the clipper may work on some sites and not others. I checked CNBC, therefore, and found that it worked there, as well. I can't see any pattern
as to why this would be the case unless the technology specific to the site has something to do with it. This gets back to my point that Microsoft should provide a "standard" site as a test option when people are experiencing problems. Again, I would appreciate
it if you or someone on the support staff would try a capture on the article I originally referenced to determine if the problem is specific to that website.
Wayne