Onenote: images are replaced with a red X

Anonymous
2018-01-09T23:01:03+00:00

Hello,

As you can read in the title: some of the images in my onenote sections are gone. 

I tried:

  • deleting the cache folder: didn't work
  • updating: didn't work
  • making a new noteblock and copying/replacing my notes to the new noteblock: didn't work
  • opening the notebook online: didn't work, also doesn't show the images

I have an exam coming up and I really can't have this problem right now. Please help.

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneNote | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-02-20T17:47:58+00:00

    Stephanie,

    Sorry - I forgot the last image (taken of OneNote online after the sync efforts).  Note that it is showing the "test" note that I referenced in my original post.  As you can see it is still not showing the image, despite the fact that the automatic sync appears to be functional.  

    Wayne

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-02-23T10:45:27+00:00

    We appreciate your response. For us to further assist you, could you tell us if you've tried to use other browsers and check if you're having the same issue?

    To further isolate your concern, we recommend creating a new user profile and check if the issue persists. You may refer to the steps provided here on how to create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10.

    Let us know how it goes so that we can further assist you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-02-25T17:04:34+00:00

    Stephanie,

    I've tried other browsers, including Firefox and Edge and I get the same results.

    I also created a separate user profile and I still get the same results.

    Wayne

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-02-26T16:46:00+00:00

    I'm having the same issue.  We have multiple users.  They're taking photos with phones and the photos appear on the phone's Onenote but not on OneNote Online or on their local copies of Onenote 2013.  I tried all the steps mentioned above and nothing fixes it.  Could this be an internal issue?

    Thank You,

    Parker

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-02-26T19:12:24+00:00

    Stephanie,

    I did a systematic check on what is happening when I use the OneNote clipper in Chrome.  Before I began I uninstalled the OneNote clipper from Chrome, closed Chrome, reopened it and reinstalled the Clipper.  I then went to the reference page I mentioned originally and used the clipper for "full page", "article" and "region" captures.  I also used the right click, drop down "click selection to OneNote" option.  

    In all cases, I refreshed the page and made sure that the page had fully loaded before each clip.  I ran two tests on each option.

    Following is what I found:

    1.  Full Page Option

    Worked perfectly in both cases.  All images saved.  Unfortunately this option is usually not useful since it captures a lot of extraneous information.

    2.  Article Option

    Did not work in either case.  All images were replaced by the "red x" indicator.  This is the option I would usually use so the fact that it doesn't work is a major problem.

    3.  Selection Option (take from Chrome clipper)

    Worked perfectly.  I clipped two different sections covering different images and both were captured correctly.

    4.  Selection Option (Using Right Click and the Drop Down Menu)

    In this case I selected the entire article and it did not work either time.  I also tried selecting subsections of the article and that did not work either time.

    Is summary, the full page and selection options worked fine.  The article and right click selections options did not work.  Since the Chrome clipper selection option doesn't allow me to scroll and capture the entire article I can't use it to compensate for the problem.  And, since the right click option doesn't work at all I can't use that to compensate for the problem either.

    The fact that the clipper works for some options and not others suggests that the problem is not with my set up or hardware.  

    Wayne

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments