brothertee
Hannes Grebin
PeterGMcDermott
Just some quick notes on your comments:
1. I can't speak for how recent this particular issue may be occurring for any one person but there are similar (red x) complaints dating back quite a few years. I myself have noted it for several years using mulitple PCs and browsers.
2. I am using Chrome (latest version) and the latest version of the OneNote web clipper but the problem persists so it doesn't appear that any recent update has solved the issue. Perhaps Peter will provide a link to the thread he mentioned so that we can
get particulars about the update.
Just to test things out I clipped the following page and the "red x" problem still occurs:
https://medium.freecodecamp.org/tools-i-wish-i-had-known-about-when-i-started-coding-57849efd9248
It would be helpful if you would clip the article (using the "Article" option) and provide an update as to whether you still encounter the "red x" issue. If you do so, please note which browser you are using.
Thanks,
Wayne
Wayne,
After reading through this discussion, I have found the potential reason for this kind of error could be:
Most likely it's because of different ways in which a website can display its images and Onenote Clipper can only deal with some kinds of them. As you mentioned in your early posts, Clipper works fine in some websites while malfunctions in others and that's
exactly what I have been experiencing these days. I did test the links you offered and results are shown below:
a. for those two links that're positive for you worked fine for me too.
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/opinion-lenz-billy-graham_us_5a8ef291e4b005bb0fef46ec
https://www.yahoo.com/news/tucker-carlson-turns-trump-apos-095039632.html

I
b. but for the other link that's negative for you also works for me, below is the picture. That really surprised me. I wonder it's might be that the site change the way it display images but I can
be certain hoping you can testify that by Clipping on this website again.
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/02/trumps-easy-win-trade-war-is-a-no-win-situation-for-wall-street-and-main-street.html

but there are still lots sites don't works for me, such as
https://www.jianshu.com/p/c0a2897ad4eb
https://www.jianshu.com/p/eaee1fadc1e9
Moreover, for links above, it surprised me again for they worked fine several months ago but now they just don't. Below are snapshot of my OneNote:
On July 14th 2018 it worked fine:

But on November 17th 2018, about four months later, it doesn't work:
That's all I found but still couldn't find out the actual reason and fix this annoying bug. Thanks for you detailed descriptions about this issue without your posts I would never report details to the Microsoft.
Jaylen.