Looks like Beth Melton
is the only one to see and then fix it.
I've checked this here and there, since what I did, didn't work work for you, and it's worked. Until today. Mine isn't working anymore either. It did a couple days ago. I tried the same thing I did before, adding another proofing language, and that didn't
resolve it this time. I also renamed the entire Word key in the Registry and that didn't work either. As I suspected, the language change was a coincidence.
I started Word in Safe Mode. Still didn't work. Started it normally, and encountered a couple of ribbon interface errors on two new tools: AutoSave and Read Aloud. AutoSave no longer appears on my QAT (I'm aware that it isn't working yet) and Read Aloud
is flaky. Sometimes it's there and other times it isn't. I restarted Word a couple of times in both Safe Mode and normally, trying to reproduce the interface error. This may be another coincidence, but my Alt+Click
is working again. I'm certain it wasn't working when I started typing this reply. I've been documenting everything as I've tried it, in case I stumble on a magic solution.
There's definitely something odd going on. Personally, I'm not going through the hamster in the wheel ritual of reinstalling Office. I know that's not the problem. Right now, I'm trying to eliminate Dell utilities, as I also have a Dell laptop. Since that's
a commonality, I think that's where the issue lies. Keep trying your Alt-Click here and there. I don't think you were looking at Word 2010 when it was working. It appears to be sporadic behavior. If mine stops working again, I'm going to make note of all running
tasks/services. You may want to do the same. I did disable Dell Data Vault (ended the task) prior to mine working again. It could be creating a conflict since it records keyboard inputs.
I'll update this thread with any new information.