A family of Microsoft word processing software products for creating web, email, and print documents.
Try using a STYLEREF field.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I have a Word 2016 document with 6 sections in it. Each section contains 3 tables. It's possible for the tables to span more than one page. When they do, I'd like to repeat the section header at the top of the second page, with " (continued)" tacked onto the end of the header. I looked at "fields" for this, but I don't see that level of customization. Can anyone suggest what Word features I should use to create this effect?
***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***
A family of Microsoft word processing software products for creating web, email, and print documents.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Try using a STYLEREF field.
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
A little late, but instead of using STYLEREF fields, you might be able to use the general approach I describe in the sample document at https://goo.gl/2vsL8E
Note that you don't need sections to format a text range as hidden. For example, if you enclose a range in a bookmark, you can use similar code to hide the range defined by the bookmark:
ActiveDocument.Bookmarks("BookmarkName").Range.Font.Hidden = True
The best approach will, of course, depend on what you are trying to accomplish in the end.
Hidden sections? Explain please.
Is this the same as Collapsed sections?
Look into the ability to do this without section breaks using the built-in headings. See the last entry on this page:
Why Use Word's Built-In Heading Styles? by Shauna Kelly
You can only link to the previous section if there is a previous section. There is no "command" to link to previous. There is a button in the Header/Footer Tools that is active if that option is available.
Hidden Sections aren't the same as Collapsed. I'm using the command
wrdDoc.Section(i).Range.Font.Hidden = True
to do this. The difference between the two is that Collapsed Sections leave the heading line visible, while Hidden Sections hide the heading line. For my purposes, Hidden Sections meets my needs. But, it's good to know about the Collapsed sections.
OK, I said command when I should have said button. The button won't work on my file. It seems to try to do what it needs to do, but it finishes gracefully without making any changes.