OneNote is not responding to typing

Anonymous
2017-06-21T13:14:52+00:00

Hey Guys,

Having an issue with OneNote for Mac at the moment where the keyboard stops working on OneNote and I cannot type anything until I restart the program.

Super annoying to keep restarting and every other application on my Mac works fine. I think it is a problem associated with the latest OneNote update.

My OneNote version is 15.35.1 (170616)

please let me know how to fix this?

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneNote | For home | MacOS

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2017-08-28T02:52:14+00:00

Hi Jim and Mandrews0,

Office Insider is a preview program for consumer Office 365 subscribers, which is why you do not see it if you install OneNote via the Mac App Store.

For those who still have the issue on 15.38, please share the reproduce steps to help find the root cause if you do have one.

For those who can't update to 15.38, please wait until it is generally available to try it out.

As the thread is attracting a lot of spam, I will be locking the thread from further replies. If you have a solid reproduce steps to share, please create a new thread and we will respond in a timely manner.

Regards,

Sheen

[Updated by Sheen V. Ali MSFT, 29 Aug 2017, 5.57 AM (UTC)]

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

89 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2017-08-04T00:33:50+00:00

    Sheen,

    Yes I'm in OneNote when I look at the menu. When I click on "Help" my choices are "Search", "OneNote Help", "What's New", and "OneNote Featured Devices"; nothing about updates at all in any of the menu items at all.

    I'll check out the link you provided for Office Insider Program.

    Tom

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-08-03T21:00:54+00:00

    Hi TLH54,

    Are you inside OneNote when you went to the menu?

    You can refer to the article below to join it and let Chris know if the issue persists:

    How to opt in and opt out of the Office Insider Program for Office 2016 for Mac.

    Note: 15.38 is currently on Insider Fast.

    Please be aware that Insider Fast is less stable, if you encounter any issues, you can roll back by unchecking the Join Insider box and checking for updates one more time.

    Regards,

    Sheen

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-08-03T20:45:33+00:00

    Chris_MSFT,

    Can you explain how to download this version? I have version 15.36 on a Mac with MacOS Sierra 10.12.6. Looked up how to update; instructions said:

    On the menu bar, click Help > Check for Updates. 

    In the Microsoft AutoUpdate dialog box that opens, select Manually Check.

    Click Check for Updates.

    On my system, Check for Updates isn't even an option.

    Tom

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more