MS Access 2016 No Longer Displays Field Size Options

Anonymous
2016-06-11T10:04:09+00:00

MS Access 2016 MSO (16.0.6925.1016) 32-bit

via Microsoft Office 365 Personal Subscription

Used on Windows 10

BUG:

The Field Size drop down combo for Number data types no longer displays values.  An empty (white) drop down area appears but no values are visible in it.  This make is impossible to specify the type of Number field (Double etc.) when creating or modifying a table.

Is MS aware of this bug? 

Is there a fix for it?

I've been successfully using MS Access for some time now and this bug just recently appeared in the last day or so.  I suspect a recent update may have broken the application.

Mark

Microsoft 365 and Office | Access | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2016-07-15T22:57:30+00:00

Hey everyone,

Here's more information on the latest Office 2016 update: Announcing June feature updates for Office 2016 for Office 365.Current version (counting Tuesday's security update) is 16.0.7070.2022.

Updating to this build (if you haven't yet done so) should solve the number field issue.

Thanks!

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2016-07-07T20:31:36+00:00

I'm glad to see that the fix for this problem is included in the latest Office Updates. 

For those with a Microsoft Office 365 subscription, open Access then:

File -> Account -> Update Options -> Update Now

and your copy of Office 365 will be updated, including a fix to Access.

It's great to have MS Access, one of my favorite applications, working as expected again.

Mark

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-06-20T06:24:34+00:00

    Eagerly waiting for the bug fix.

    My works have come to a halt as I am not a developer to do work arounds. I am a basic access user and entirely depend on the drop down menus and wizards.

    I agree that there is a decline in the quality and especially the support team in UAE who are totally ignorant. Some do not even know the name 'Access'. They know only the name Office 365!!

    Microsoft please take a note of this seriously. I do not see any Microsoft person responding to the questions??

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. ScottGem 68,840 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2016-06-20T10:29:43+00:00

    First, just because a MSFT rep doesn't post here doesn't mean they aren't taking this seriously. I can assure you they are.

    Second, use of a DDL SQL statement is not really a workaround. Using DDL has always been an alternative way to create and modify tables. It is not difficult to learn, Ken gave a simple example. So there is no good reason to halt all development until a fix is released.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-06-20T10:31:33+00:00

    "Microsoft please take a note of this seriously. I do not see any Microsoft person responding to the questions??"

    And you won't as these are public forums.  To hear from someone from MS one had to use their support and pay!  It is pretty rare to see MS directly contributing in this forum.  It happens, but not too often.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments