MS Access 2016 No Longer Displays Field Size Options

Anonymous
2016-06-11T10:04:09+00:00

MS Access 2016 MSO (16.0.6925.1016) 32-bit

via Microsoft Office 365 Personal Subscription

Used on Windows 10

BUG:

The Field Size drop down combo for Number data types no longer displays values.  An empty (white) drop down area appears but no values are visible in it.  This make is impossible to specify the type of Number field (Double etc.) when creating or modifying a table.

Is MS aware of this bug? 

Is there a fix for it?

I've been successfully using MS Access for some time now and this bug just recently appeared in the last day or so.  I suspect a recent update may have broken the application.

Mark

Microsoft 365 and Office | Access | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2016-07-15T22:57:30+00:00

Hey everyone,

Here's more information on the latest Office 2016 update: Announcing June feature updates for Office 2016 for Office 365.Current version (counting Tuesday's security update) is 16.0.7070.2022.

Updating to this build (if you haven't yet done so) should solve the number field issue.

Thanks!

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2016-07-07T20:31:36+00:00

I'm glad to see that the fix for this problem is included in the latest Office Updates. 

For those with a Microsoft Office 365 subscription, open Access then:

File -> Account -> Update Options -> Update Now

and your copy of Office 365 will be updated, including a fix to Access.

It's great to have MS Access, one of my favorite applications, working as expected again.

Mark

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-06-20T11:53:53+00:00

    Thanks for the reply.

    The person at the local technical support in UAE referred me to this community, stating that I will be getting a direct response from Microsoft team within 24 hours. Misleading information given to clients then..

    All the more a reason for doubting Microsoft's quality!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-06-20T15:38:29+00:00

    Same with me.  I spent 4 hours yesterday on the phone trying to get help with the issue but to no avail.   I did all the normal fix attempts including re-installing office 365.   The problem is across all four of my devices and appeared just recently.   Support has given me no answers at all.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. ScottGem 68,840 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2016-06-20T15:51:27+00:00

    Same with me.  I spent 4 hours yesterday on the phone trying to get help with the issue but to no avail.   I did all the normal fix attempts including re-installing office 365.   The problem is across all four of my devices and appeared just recently.   Support has given me no answers at all. 

    I can't answer to how the Support area gets its info from. I can only state that this bug was first reported on 6/11. And reported to the Dev team the next day. 

    I will pass your comments along.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments