MS Access 2016 No Longer Displays Field Size Options

Anonymous
2016-06-11T10:04:09+00:00

MS Access 2016 MSO (16.0.6925.1016) 32-bit

via Microsoft Office 365 Personal Subscription

Used on Windows 10

BUG:

The Field Size drop down combo for Number data types no longer displays values.  An empty (white) drop down area appears but no values are visible in it.  This make is impossible to specify the type of Number field (Double etc.) when creating or modifying a table.

Is MS aware of this bug? 

Is there a fix for it?

I've been successfully using MS Access for some time now and this bug just recently appeared in the last day or so.  I suspect a recent update may have broken the application.

Mark

Microsoft 365 and Office | Access | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2016-07-15T22:57:30+00:00

Hey everyone,

Here's more information on the latest Office 2016 update: Announcing June feature updates for Office 2016 for Office 365.Current version (counting Tuesday's security update) is 16.0.7070.2022.

Updating to this build (if you haven't yet done so) should solve the number field issue.

Thanks!

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2016-07-07T20:31:36+00:00

I'm glad to see that the fix for this problem is included in the latest Office Updates. 

For those with a Microsoft Office 365 subscription, open Access then:

File -> Account -> Update Options -> Update Now

and your copy of Office 365 will be updated, including a fix to Access.

It's great to have MS Access, one of my favorite applications, working as expected again.

Mark

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2016-06-30T04:24:57+00:00

    I have the same problem on several computers File size dropdown list for Number is empty, I uninstalled and reinstalled office 2016 it did not solve the problem.

    the last time I checked office forum there were many people complaining about the same problem ( see:   http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office\_2016-access/access-2016-data-type-number-field-size-drop-down/39d561fc-0161-420f-909c-a57f2031e7b4 )

    According to you we all have corrupted installation that cannot be repaired by reinstalling the product so maybe you can investigate a little deeper to tell us all what we can do.

    Thank you

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-06-29T20:06:47+00:00

    Bless your little heart.  Thank you - you've saved my day.  I already lost most of today to trying to fix what turns out to be a Microsoft bug.  I will forever be indebted to you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. ScottGem 68,840 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2016-06-26T13:49:30+00:00

    As previously reported the Access Dev Team has pinpointed the problem  and is working on a fix. The problem was due to a change in the Visual Studio compiler.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments