A family of Microsoft spreadsheet software with tools for analyzing, charting, and communicating data.
Will do. Thanks Bernie! All the best
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I had created the below formula, which is used for a drop-down list I am preparing. But when I came to paste it in the data validation box, it turned out that I can't insert more than 255 characters, while mine is 776 characters. Any help?
=IF(C2="Humanities List I",IF(C3="English",ENGL1,IF(C3="Others",_OTH1,IF(C2="Humanities List II",IF(C3="American and Media Studies",AMST2,IF(C3="Arabic and Near Eastern Languages",ARAB2,IF(C3="Architecture",ARCH2,IF(C3="Archeology",AROL2,IF(C3="English",ENGL2,IF(C3="Fine Arts and Art History",FAAH2,IF(C3="History",HIST2,IF(C3="Philosophy",PHIL2,IF(C3="Others",_OTH2,IF(C2="Natural Sciences",IF(C3="Others",OTHNS,IF(C2="Quantitative Thoughts",IF(C3="Others",OTHQT,IF(C2="Social Sciences List I",IF(C3="Others",OTHSS1,IF(C2="Social Sciences List II",IF(C3="Economics",ECON2,IF(C3="Education",EDUC2,IF(C3="Political Studies and Public Administration",PSPA2,IF(C3="Sociology and Media Studies",_SMS2,IF(C3="Others",OTHSS2,INDIRECT(SUBSTITUTE(C3," ","")))))))))))))))))))))))))))
A family of Microsoft spreadsheet software with tools for analyzing, charting, and communicating data.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Will do. Thanks Bernie! All the best
Dear Bernie, can I bother you with one last simple thing please? HIDE-related code
If it pertains to this same topic - sure.
Thank you my friend.
So i hope you still remember the workbook, eitherways even if you don't I had uploaded a new version of which the coding needs to be done in them.
https://1drv.ms/x/s!AhyDdnjegKkhbE8anGeR2Gs4m-4
Can we make A8:G8 hidden in the sheet 'Summary' when cell B2 in 'GI Calculator' = "Yes"?
If not, since you had previously mentioned that we can only hide full rows, can I hassle you with hiding row 8 from 'Summary' when cell 'GI Calculator'B2!= "Yes".
I thank you again sir. Very much appreciated
Here you go...