A family of Microsoft spreadsheet software with tools for analyzing, charting, and communicating data.
OK - here is a partially corrected file:
https://1drv.ms/x/s!AsKdy7Nfg\_FbgWZvkGg\_2naD\_\_R0
What you need to do is change your named ranges to correspond to the text that is chosen in either cell C2 or C3. And you need to change your text so that it is descriptive of the range. Also, I have included event code to clear out the cells when C2 changes, and to add "Leave blank" into C3 when it is not needed.
For example - you had the named range OTHNS as the "Other" choice for Natural Sciences. I changed the text in the Natural Sciences list from "Other" to "Other Natural Sciences" and I changed OTHNS in the named range list to OtherNaturalSciences - the displayed text in C3 with the spaces removed. That is the only one that I fixed - the rest is up to you.
For the DV in C4, I used
=INDIRECT(IF(C3="Leave Blank",SUBSTITUTE(C2," ",""),SUBSTITUTE(C3," ","")))
So - any entry in C3 (or C2 for those that don't use C3) needs to be a named range when the spaces are removed from the text.
If you need further clarification, post back.