Microsoft Visio 2013 (KB3115428) breaking Data Graphics - Visio internal error: #2123 Action 2017: Apply Data Graphic

Anonymous
2016-11-01T15:24:51+00:00

Hi there,

Has anyone come across this issue:

It appears to be temperamental but even if you get a Data Graphic on the next one you'll try will fail. It refer to all display types. The problem does not occur in Visio 2016. Once I uninstalled Microsoft Visio 2013 (KB3115428) update the problem goes away.

Best Regards

Greg

Microsoft 365 and Office | Access | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-05-20T00:51:25+00:00

    Well ... unfortunately, the update appears to have changed the symptoms. I'm still getting the same error (well, almost). I'm able to edit a data graphic for a while, but when I attempt to add a static text data field (="static text"), I get pretty much the same error:

    It's now an error #: -1. I downloaded and tried to install the update, but the installer tells me it's already installed.  If I remove the static text entry, things seem to work.

    Visio Version 2013 (15.0.4927.1000) 32-bit

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-05-20T14:57:39+00:00

    Ken,

    I had the same trouble a few times after I installed the update.  It seemed to happen when I made to many modifications to a data graphic.  If I undid a couple of moves, saved the file, and then re-opened it, the problem cleared out.  I have at least two updates since this one (KB3172437 and KB3178713) and I haven't had any further trouble yet.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments