Microsoft Visio 2013 (KB3115428) breaking Data Graphics - Visio internal error: #2123 Action 2017: Apply Data Graphic

Anonymous
2016-11-01T15:24:51+00:00

Hi there,

Has anyone come across this issue:

It appears to be temperamental but even if you get a Data Graphic on the next one you'll try will fail. It refer to all display types. The problem does not occur in Visio 2016. Once I uninstalled Microsoft Visio 2013 (KB3115428) update the problem goes away.

Best Regards

Greg

Microsoft 365 and Office | Access | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-01-17T12:17:01+00:00

    Hi Shakun,

    I'm not sure if you are aware (quoted after one of the first posts)

    KB3115428 was bundled in the office release 15.0.4859.1002 (13 Sept 2016) which is now patched to 15.0.4867.1003 (11 Oct 2016) although there doesn't appear to be a Visio patch in this later release.

    In other words you cannot uninstall the KB if you installed 13 Sept 2016 **(****15.0.4859.1002)**release or later. I'd think you could at least rollback what you currently release to the customers.

    Best Regards

    Greg

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-02-01T18:49:29+00:00

    Hi Shakun,

    I'm not sure if you are aware (quoted after one of the first posts)

    KB3115428 was bundled in the office release 15.0.4859.1002 (13 Sept 2016) which is now patched to 15.0.4867.1003 (11 Oct 2016) although there doesn't appear to be a Visio patch in this later release.

    In other words you cannot uninstall the KB if you installed 13 Sept 2016 **(****15.0.4859.1002)**release or later. I'd think you could at least rollback what you currently release to the customers.

    Best Regards

    Greg

    As of this posting, I was able to "roll-back" on my 8.1 machine in the following actions:

    Uninstall KB3141462

    Then

    Uninstall KB3118344

    Then KB3115428 suddenly appears! :)

    Uninstall that as well, of course.

    I may not have needed to do the first one. Feel free to try that idea out, but I definitely did not see KB3115428 to uninstall UNTIL I had taken out KB3118344. Tested and working as indicated after that.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-02-13T11:08:23+00:00

    Hi IoToZ,

    We apologize for the delay.

    Moreover, it is disheartening for us to see that you are unable to work efficiently because of some issues with Visio 2013. Please send in the issues you are facing or any other feedback that you may have at visio-feedback[at]microsoft[dot]com

    Looking forward to your contributions in helping us improve the product.

    Thanks,

    Shakun

    Program Manager, Visio

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-02-13T11:26:01+00:00

    Hi Shakun,

    What more information would you need, that we have not already provided to you in this thread?

    For me, the problem together with your support forces me to look for alternativs. To be restricted in the use of a program for several month, whithout any help, is disturbing.

    regards/

    Hampus

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2017-02-17T14:20:39+00:00

    Shakun, 

    what is very disheartening is that Microsoft have been aware of this problem since at least last November and we still are having the same issues. 

    best - Alan

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments