Microsoft Visio 2013 (KB3115428) breaking Data Graphics - Visio internal error: #2123 Action 2017: Apply Data Graphic

Anonymous
2016-11-01T15:24:51+00:00

Hi there,

Has anyone come across this issue:

It appears to be temperamental but even if you get a Data Graphic on the next one you'll try will fail. It refer to all display types. The problem does not occur in Visio 2016. Once I uninstalled Microsoft Visio 2013 (KB3115428) update the problem goes away.

Best Regards

Greg

Microsoft 365 and Office | Access | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-11-24T11:46:29+00:00

    Hi Shakun,

    In case you need any help I'm happy to provide more details, although I'm very busy at the moment. Could do a quick desktop sharing session if required.

    I've provided quite a lot of details to the MS support team already, including the diagrams I've recreated the error on.

    All I could add here is that the issue appears to be happening not on every first attempt of adding a data graphic item, but it quite consistently does on any subsequent try. 

    Best Regards

    Greg

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-11-24T10:50:04+00:00

    Thanks for your reply Greg.

    This made it to the product group just yesterday. We tried at our end and couldn't reproduce the issue.

    I will check with the Support team for anything that we might be missing because of which we are not able to repro here. Would appreciate your patience. We are actively investigating this.

    Thanks,

    Shakun

    Program Manager, Visio

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-11-24T10:22:29+00:00

    Hi Shakun,

    I'm a little surprised with your update here, see below:

    Subject: RE: [REG:116110214883705] Issue with Visio 2013 update KB3115428 Microsoft Visio 2013 (KB3115428) break

    Hello Greg,

    eventually my Technical Advisor succeeded in reproducing the issue.

    She asked me to gather this information from you :

    1. how is your business affected by the issue ?
    2. quantifiable number of users affected ?
    3. estimation of money loss ?
    4. type of customer affected ?

    I look forward to receiving your kind reply.

    Thanks

    and best regards,

    This has come through yesterday, I'm sure you can enquire internally using the case reference.

    As a support person, I'm a little bit disappointed that your colleagues took whole three weeks to reproduce this. Are you sure you can't reproduce this either?

    Best Regards

    Greg

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-11-24T09:37:08+00:00

    Hi Aaron,

    We are sorry that you are facing this issue and thank you for your patience.

    Unfortunately we are unable to repro the issue at our end.

    Will it be possible for you to help me with a file that is erring out for you and another one that is not, as you just mentioned (after removing any confidential information from the files if you want) over email at visio-feedback[at]microsoft[dot]com?

    Thanks,

    Shakun

    Program Manager, Visio

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2016-11-23T02:01:52+00:00

    Hey Greg, you had any feed back from MS?

    This is becoming a big problem as I need to create a whole new Visio template in iServer with lots of graphics. It would be good to at least get some sort of time line from MS. 

    We have discovered one file that doesn't have the problem, not sure how it was created, so maybe something is being set in the file that is causing the issue. If we new what it was maybe we could open as zip and edit as a work around.

    Anyway if you have any update much appreciated.

    Cheers Aaron...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments