Microsoft Visio 2013 (KB3115428) breaking Data Graphics - Visio internal error: #2123 Action 2017: Apply Data Graphic

Anonymous
2016-11-01T15:24:51+00:00

Hi there,

Has anyone come across this issue:

It appears to be temperamental but even if you get a Data Graphic on the next one you'll try will fail. It refer to all display types. The problem does not occur in Visio 2016. Once I uninstalled Microsoft Visio 2013 (KB3115428) update the problem goes away.

Best Regards

Greg

Microsoft 365 and Office | Access | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-11-02T14:49:42+00:00

    Hi Aaron,

    I'm afraid I won't be much of a help here. My Visio release is 15.0.4815.1000 so I just simply uninstalled the update. By the way I just had MS confirming that this is the bug not raised previously.

    Best Regards

    Greg

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-11-02T10:56:14+00:00

    Hi Greg, we have the same issue with 2013 at the office and my own install of 2013. How do you uninstall KB3115428 ?It was bundled in the office release 15.0.4859.1002 (13 Sept 2016) which is now patched to 15.0.4867.1003 (11 Oct 2016) although there doesn't appear to be a Visio patch in this later release. Is there a command line instruction to remove the KB? Thanks...

    Other than uninstalling another work around is using the 'Available Data Graphics', which displays shapes on the document that already have data graphics attached.  So if you have a pre-existing shape with the data graphic on another document you can copy and paste onto the new document and select, or (as I did in my instance) created the shape with the data graphic in another version of Visio and copy and paste.

    Aaron...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments