Microsoft Visio 2013 (KB3115428) breaking Data Graphics - Visio internal error: #2123 Action 2017: Apply Data Graphic

Anonymous
2016-11-01T15:24:51+00:00

Hi there,

Has anyone come across this issue:

It appears to be temperamental but even if you get a Data Graphic on the next one you'll try will fail. It refer to all display types. The problem does not occur in Visio 2016. Once I uninstalled Microsoft Visio 2013 (KB3115428) update the problem goes away.

Best Regards

Greg

Microsoft 365 and Office | Access | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  2. Anonymous
    2016-12-15T21:13:09+00:00

    That's something my company's help desk wants to do to solve the issue.  They won't block the update, so the help desk remotes in and removes the patch, then I get about a day's worth of work done and the update hits me again.  My manager went up the chain at support and they want to install 2016.  Now I don't know if I want it.

    Pete

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-12-12T10:29:35+00:00

    Thanks Shakun, I look forward to the fix...

    For anyone interested I got my hands on a copy of Visio 2016 (32bit) just over a week ago, which solved the original problem. Having spent a week of intensive Data Graphics work I have noticed that Visio 2016 falls over after having created a new Data Graphics set and going to apply new Data Graphics set to an object, before saving the Visio diagram and restarting. Haven't followed through all the variants of the scenario as haven't had time, and have a work around. Not sure if anyone else has had this problem or not? Anyway here is the info for reference.

    EventData>

      <Data>VISIO.EXE</Data>

      <Data>16.0.6741.2063</Data>

      <Data>579c9da4</Data>

      <Data>VISLIB.dll</Data>

      <Data>16.0.6701.1036</Data>

      <Data>579c9bcf</Data>

      <Data>c0000005</Data>

      <Data>0036955e</Data>

      <Data>700</Data>

      <Data>01d24e6f82e05a43</Data>

      <Data>C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Root\Office16\VISIO.EXE</Data>

      <Data>C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Root\Office16\VISLIB.dll</Data>

      <Data>1e9ae26e-ba6a-11e6-93aa-005056bb01d0</Data>

      </EventData>

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-12-12T05:39:42+00:00

    Thanks everyone for your help on this one, we have found a repro thanks to you! We will be moving forward to fixing this but cannot yet confirm the exact date of the release for the fix. We will let you know on this thread once it is ready for you.

    Appreciate your patience.

    Thanks,

    Shakun

    Program Manager, Visio

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2016-11-29T21:35:02+00:00

    I was getting the same error after KB3115428 was installed until it was removed.  I am using Widows 7 and Visio 2013.  The problem occurs when I added external data (from SharePoint or Excel) to a graphic and then tried to display it on the graphic, i.e., when I went to Data tab, selected "Data Graphics" and Edit Data Graphic..." or right mouse clicked on the graphic and selected the same options.  It was not a problem with external data added prior to the update, only external data added after the update. 

    Now, the security department at my job is saying that my computer is on a quarantine list probably because of KB3115428 being uninstalled.  So, I'll probably have to deal with this bad "fix" again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments