Microsoft Visio 2013 (KB3115428) breaking Data Graphics - Visio internal error: #2123 Action 2017: Apply Data Graphic

Anonymous
2016-11-01T15:24:51+00:00

Hi there,

Has anyone come across this issue:

It appears to be temperamental but even if you get a Data Graphic on the next one you'll try will fail. It refer to all display types. The problem does not occur in Visio 2016. Once I uninstalled Microsoft Visio 2013 (KB3115428) update the problem goes away.

Best Regards

Greg

Microsoft 365 and Office | Access | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2016-11-24T10:22:29+00:00

    Hi Shakun,

    I'm a little surprised with your update here, see below:

    Subject: RE: [REG:116110214883705] Issue with Visio 2013 update KB3115428 Microsoft Visio 2013 (KB3115428) break

    Hello Greg,

    eventually my Technical Advisor succeeded in reproducing the issue.

    She asked me to gather this information from you :

    1. how is your business affected by the issue ?
    2. quantifiable number of users affected ?
    3. estimation of money loss ?
    4. type of customer affected ?

    I look forward to receiving your kind reply.

    Thanks

    and best regards,

    This has come through yesterday, I'm sure you can enquire internally using the case reference.

    As a support person, I'm a little bit disappointed that your colleagues took whole three weeks to reproduce this. Are you sure you can't reproduce this either?

    Best Regards

    Greg

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-11-24T09:37:08+00:00

    Hi Aaron,

    We are sorry that you are facing this issue and thank you for your patience.

    Unfortunately we are unable to repro the issue at our end.

    Will it be possible for you to help me with a file that is erring out for you and another one that is not, as you just mentioned (after removing any confidential information from the files if you want) over email at visio-feedback[at]microsoft[dot]com?

    Thanks,

    Shakun

    Program Manager, Visio

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-11-23T02:01:52+00:00

    Hey Greg, you had any feed back from MS?

    This is becoming a big problem as I need to create a whole new Visio template in iServer with lots of graphics. It would be good to at least get some sort of time line from MS. 

    We have discovered one file that doesn't have the problem, not sure how it was created, so maybe something is being set in the file that is causing the issue. If we new what it was maybe we could open as zip and edit as a work around.

    Anyway if you have any update much appreciated.

    Cheers Aaron...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-11-21T15:34:17+00:00

    Anybody from Microsoft monitoring?  Is there progress toward a fix for this?

    Thanks....Pete

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2016-11-14T21:21:46+00:00

    Hi Aaron,

    I've logged this with MS Premier Support, they have (unofficially as of yet) confirmed that the update is to blame and this should be escalated to Product Group shortly.

    Hopefully the fix is just around the corner.

    Best Regards

    Greg

    Any action noted on this yet?  I am only getting bits and pieces of work done right now.  Can't complete any diagrams.  I can re-use (copy and paste) any objects I had modified pre-update KB3115428, but can't modify any new ones.  I still need several server types to complete my diagram.  I use the Shape Data and Data Graphic extensively to display information about the diagram.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments