OneNote 2016 Application issue with "Quick Notes" stuck loading

Anonymous
2016-06-24T12:13:30+00:00

Hi Guys,

Every time I try to access my "Quick Notes" this is what I get. It stays stuck there forever. Is there a way to fix this?

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneNote | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2016-11-14T20:26:34+00:00

Hi everyone,

Some news - a fix for this issue has been released with update 16.0.7466.2038 or later for OneNote 2016 for Windows desktop. To download the update right away, open any Office app and click File > Account > Update Options >

Update Now.

If you can confirm the updated resolved the issue for you by replying back to this thread, it would be very helpful for the Office team and everyone here.

We appreciate your help.

Regards,

Noyonima

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2016-10-07T20:46:26+00:00

Hi everyone,

OneNote team had finished the investigation of this issue. There will be a updated version of OneNote 2016 that contains solution to this. Also, we have published an article documenting  way to work around the problem, should you experience it: https://support.office.com/article/d1e0568b-19f0-4fe7-adb0-923ed60a3587

Thank you for using OneNote and sorry for the trouble this issue is causing.

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-07-27T16:16:03+00:00

    Morning Update , July 26, 2016

    Later in day o f July 25th, I reopened my Quick Notes notebook. With the Quick Note icon running, I used OneNote without the "Loading" issue coming back. The only thing I did different was to create a new page in my Quick Notes notebook and call it Fast Notes. Then pointed OneNote to it.  I deleted the default notebook page that Quick Notes makes. In my case it is called New Section 1. When deleted Quick Notes recreated it once I clicked on Quick Notes (bottom of the notebook page) again.  

    This morning I opened OneNote. My Quick Notes notebook was left open from lastnight. It was still set to point to my Quick Notes' notebook page Fast Notes. And all is still working. Let hope it stays that way?

    Say, does any see the post here of a fix by Constantine Korotky?  I got an email showing the post, but don't see it posted. 

    For those not familiar with the Onenote icon I keep referring to, this is it:  

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  3. Anonymous
    2016-07-26T02:42:45+00:00

    Instead of deleting the OneNote notebook directory as the article suggests, I simply renamed it to preserve the content.  When I restarted OneNote, Quick Notes functioned properly again, and the directory specified in Options > Save & Backup > Save > Quick Notes Section was automatically recreated.  I copied the original content from the renamed Notebook directory to the new directory, and all was good again.  Thank you for the guidance, although I am sorry to read that others are having similar problems, not so easily solved.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments