OneNote 2016 Application issue with "Quick Notes" stuck loading

Anonymous
2016-06-24T12:13:30+00:00

Hi Guys,

Every time I try to access my "Quick Notes" this is what I get. It stays stuck there forever. Is there a way to fix this?

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneNote | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2016-11-14T20:26:34+00:00

Hi everyone,

Some news - a fix for this issue has been released with update 16.0.7466.2038 or later for OneNote 2016 for Windows desktop. To download the update right away, open any Office app and click File > Account > Update Options >

Update Now.

If you can confirm the updated resolved the issue for you by replying back to this thread, it would be very helpful for the Office team and everyone here.

We appreciate your help.

Regards,

Noyonima

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2016-10-07T20:46:26+00:00

Hi everyone,

OneNote team had finished the investigation of this issue. There will be a updated version of OneNote 2016 that contains solution to this. Also, we have published an article documenting  way to work around the problem, should you experience it: https://support.office.com/article/d1e0568b-19f0-4fe7-adb0-923ed60a3587

Thank you for using OneNote and sorry for the trouble this issue is causing.

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-08-05T21:21:04+00:00

    We are now investigating the problematic behavior in house. Thank you for all the answers to my question so far!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-07-28T00:09:20+00:00

    Constaintie, thank you for clarifying what happened to your original post that I think a lot of us got in email, but never saw here. 

    Like you, I did a lot key clicking and loss what I did to fix my issue. I had to go back and duplicate my steps before writing them here.  Just glad they worked for me again-and continue to work.  

    Good luck solving it again. Maybe (don't laugh) MS will put out a fix soon for all of us.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-07-27T17:08:41+00:00

    Hi Everyone.

    I did indeed fixed the issue. More over I fixed it on my two different machines. The only problem is right now I can't provide step by step instruction how I managed to do that. Yesterday I fixed the issue on one machine and posted over here a detailed step by step instruction. Then I tried my instruction to fix the issue on my other machine and instruction had not worked :) So I deleted it to not confuse any one.

    But if it helps I can provide list of actions I tried very hard that I guess actually fixed the issue. But there is no any guarantee actions will be listed in correct order. But still....

    1.) So I had "Quick Notes" section assigned to section "S" of  my notebook named "A" and located at OneDrive ;

    2.) Set notebook "A" as manually sync;

    3.) Close notebook "A";

    4.) Restart OneNote app and open notebook "A" -> notebook "A" contains one section "S";

    5.) In File Explorer navigate to some orphaned OneNote section file something like "My section.one". (You always can create orphaned OneNote section file by copying some section of already existed local notebook and place that copied section somewhere else). Orphaned OneNote section will be opened below "Quick Notes" section;

    6.) Assign "Quick Notes" section to this newly opened orphaned section and restart OneNote app;

    7.) Set notebook "A" as automatically sync and wait it synced -> you will see two to sections under notebook "A". The one section called "S" and other "S 1";

    8.) Assign "Quick Notes" section back to section "S" of notebook "A";

    That is all I did I guess. But I was performing those actions like very many times and more and I was angry :) . And as I said early there is no any guarantee it will work for all you guys. 'Cause at list I might miss some steps or misplaced them.

    Really hope it helps.

    Sincerely,

    Constantine.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments