OneNote 2016 Application issue with "Quick Notes" stuck loading

Anonymous
2016-06-24T12:13:30+00:00

Hi Guys,

Every time I try to access my "Quick Notes" this is what I get. It stays stuck there forever. Is there a way to fix this?

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneNote | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2016-11-14T20:26:34+00:00

Hi everyone,

Some news - a fix for this issue has been released with update 16.0.7466.2038 or later for OneNote 2016 for Windows desktop. To download the update right away, open any Office app and click File > Account > Update Options >

Update Now.

If you can confirm the updated resolved the issue for you by replying back to this thread, it would be very helpful for the Office team and everyone here.

We appreciate your help.

Regards,

Noyonima

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2016-10-07T20:46:26+00:00

Hi everyone,

OneNote team had finished the investigation of this issue. There will be a updated version of OneNote 2016 that contains solution to this. Also, we have published an article documenting  way to work around the problem, should you experience it: https://support.office.com/article/d1e0568b-19f0-4fe7-adb0-923ed60a3587

Thank you for using OneNote and sorry for the trouble this issue is causing.

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-11-15T07:42:24+00:00

    Hi Noyonima,

    Thanks for the alert.  I have installed the update and it has fixed the problem on my machine.

    Regards, Ken

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-11-14T21:53:42+00:00

    It works for me.

    Yet, the difference is that now when you click on Quick Notes it selects the right section but all the other sections are visible. Before, only the "Unfiled Notes" section was visible.

    I'm good with that :)

    Thank you  ... it was about time!

    PS. I didn't have to close the notebook and reopen it

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-11-02T15:35:05+00:00

    Has the fixed version been published yet? My copy of OneNote was updated recently, but I'm still experiencing the issue.

    My OneNote seems to have two version numbers: Version 1609 (Build 7369.2038) and 16.0.7329.1017

    The closing-the-notebook workaround doesn't seem to work for me. Additionally, when I use the "Quick Notes" button, I get an extra message at the top of the "loading..." pane:

    The notebook is already on OneDrive. If I click the banner and follow through the steps, OneNote will create a new notebook on my OneDrive and set my Quick Notes section there, but it doesn't fix anything; the next time I use the Quick Notes, button, the message just comes up again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments