OneNote 2016 Application issue with "Quick Notes" stuck loading

Anonymous
2016-06-24T12:13:30+00:00

Hi Guys,

Every time I try to access my "Quick Notes" this is what I get. It stays stuck there forever. Is there a way to fix this?

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneNote | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2016-11-14T20:26:34+00:00

Hi everyone,

Some news - a fix for this issue has been released with update 16.0.7466.2038 or later for OneNote 2016 for Windows desktop. To download the update right away, open any Office app and click File > Account > Update Options >

Update Now.

If you can confirm the updated resolved the issue for you by replying back to this thread, it would be very helpful for the Office team and everyone here.

We appreciate your help.

Regards,

Noyonima

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2016-10-07T20:46:26+00:00

Hi everyone,

OneNote team had finished the investigation of this issue. There will be a updated version of OneNote 2016 that contains solution to this. Also, we have published an article documenting  way to work around the problem, should you experience it: https://support.office.com/article/d1e0568b-19f0-4fe7-adb0-923ed60a3587

Thank you for using OneNote and sorry for the trouble this issue is causing.

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-11-28T16:51:03+00:00

    This fix has not resolved the issue for me.  In fact, I just started having this issue today.  OneNote is dead in the water around Quick Notes.  It completely hangs everything, in both the Windows client and cloud (onenote.com) applications.  Please help.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-11-21T03:08:27+00:00

    This fix has worked for me - thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-11-20T22:13:41+00:00

    Just to add a hopefully temporary scenario to the mix. My Office 365 admin must be limiting the updates I can pull. When I do "Update Now" it tells me I'm at the latest version. Currently I'm still having the problem, but am on an older version than the fix, so it's expected:

    16.0.7329.1023 (reported in About OneNote)

    Oddly the version given under Office Updates is:

    1609 (Build 7369.2055)

    and bears no resemblance at all. I imagine that because my Update Now also has a line "Release for Deferred Channel" it must mean the latest updates are deferred until some downstream review is completed or something. Ah well. I'll wait.

    Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments