OneNote 2016 Application issue with "Quick Notes" stuck loading

Anonymous
2016-06-24T12:13:30+00:00

Hi Guys,

Every time I try to access my "Quick Notes" this is what I get. It stays stuck there forever. Is there a way to fix this?

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneNote | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2016-11-14T20:26:34+00:00

Hi everyone,

Some news - a fix for this issue has been released with update 16.0.7466.2038 or later for OneNote 2016 for Windows desktop. To download the update right away, open any Office app and click File > Account > Update Options >

Update Now.

If you can confirm the updated resolved the issue for you by replying back to this thread, it would be very helpful for the Office team and everyone here.

We appreciate your help.

Regards,

Noyonima

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2016-10-07T20:46:26+00:00

Hi everyone,

OneNote team had finished the investigation of this issue. There will be a updated version of OneNote 2016 that contains solution to this. Also, we have published an article documenting  way to work around the problem, should you experience it: https://support.office.com/article/d1e0568b-19f0-4fe7-adb0-923ed60a3587

Thank you for using OneNote and sorry for the trouble this issue is causing.

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2016-06-30T19:47:30+00:00

    Hi Chris,

    Here is the info you request:

    1. What build version of OneNote 2O16 are you using?

    16.0.6965.2058 on Windows 10 pro 64-bit

    1. What is the location of the quick notes pointing to? Is it on OneDrive, SharePoint, or local notebook?

    Onedrive. But as I said I also tried storing the quick notes' notebook locally with same result.

    1. If it is on cloud (OneDrive or SharePoint), what is the rough size of the quick notes section? Does it contain large embeded files, videos, images, etc.?

    639Kb. I also tried pointing at empty section and made no difference. It wouldn't load

    I hope this helps.

    Kind regards,

    Carlos

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-06-30T19:22:54+00:00

    Onenote 2016 on Windows 10 64.  Storing in OneDrive.  Quicknotes section is nearly empty.  Notebook size about 20MB.  No large embedded files.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-06-30T19:21:38+00:00

    I'm having the exact same issue.  Closing all notebooks and creating a new one only fixes it temporarily.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments