I have a work-around based on previous replies to your query.
- Create a new notebook with a single section dedicated to just Quick Notes.
I suggest naming it "Quicknotes" so that is easily located on a mobile device.
- In File/Options/Save & Backup, configure this as as your "Quick Notes Section".
- If you open this notebook directly, you will see that it syncs perfectly.
The issue is not a sync problem but a fault in the operation of the "Quick Notes" button which appears below the notebook list.
- Close the Quick Notes notebook then close OneNote and re-open it.
As noted in a previous reply, the Quick Notes button will now work correctly.
- Because there is nothing else in your Quick Notes notebook, you can leave it permanently closed so the problem does not re-appear. You can always access your Quick Notes using the button.
Ken, Thanks for your suggestion. I had tried this earlier but when my computer is rebooted the Quick Notes save location resets to the original url and the problem returns. At least in my case.
So I decided to try something a little different. I logged out of all of my devices and powered them off (desktop, phone, laptop and two tablets all on the same Office 365 account) Starting with the desktop I powered up and logged in. Then I followed the
steps you suggested. After testing to make sure the fix "stuck" on the desktop, I logged off, powered down and went on to the next device, where I repeated the steps. After individually resetting each device it looks like they are all in sync again.
It seems that if you have multiple devices sharing the account, changes in the option settings don't always get reflected across all devices and sometimes get reset. Oh well.
Thanks for sharing.